Audio Help For 04 STi!!!
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Audio Help For 04 STi!!! within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; I am new to the audio scene so I need some help. Here is what I have in my 04 ...

Audio Help For 04 STi!!!

I am new to the audio scene so I need some help.

Here is what I have in my 04 STi:
    1. Alpine CDA-9813 Head Unit
    2. Alpine Front 6-1/2" SPS-170A
    3. Alpine Rear 4" SPS-100A

Now obviously I am missing subs and amps (Where I need help).

I want to install:

1. 3 Alpine 12" SWS-1242D Subs.

I need help on what amps to get and how many:

I was thinking the Alpine MRV-F340 ( 4/3/2 Channel Power Amplifier) or the Alpine MRV-F450 ( 5/4/3 Channel Power Amplifier).
    - Which one should I get and how many?

Also does anyone know the dimensions for the trunk on an 04 STi so I can order a custom made box for the 3 subs?

Thanks for helping me out.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

your not going to want to get either of those amps to power your subs. The 340 will work for your interior speakers. Not a big fan of Alpine, so I don't know the model #'s but you want to use a mono block for that many subs. You def. stuck on that many subs? Seems like a little bit of overkill. Try getting a better sub and only doing one....maybe two, like the Type R. Just a thought
    Bought myself a Christmas present....it's red and has a turbo!!

Thanks for the input and may be I'll get 12" Type R.

I'm not a fan of Alpine, either. Their subs are ok, but there are better subs on the market for about the same price. Do you want sound quality or loudness and why did you say you wanted 3 subs?
    - F r a n z
    Bucky with teh lime powah!

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.