problems installing blitz turbo timer...
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on problems installing blitz turbo timer... within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; I just got finished installing my blitz tt but it isnt really working like it should... the first problem is ...

Unhappy problems installing blitz turbo timer...

I just got finished installing my blitz tt but it isnt really working like it should...
    the first problem is that the wiring harness provided with the tt has an extra white wire that looks similar to the purple one but larger. what is this supose to hook up to?
    the second problem is with installing the wire to the hand brake. i found a single green wire that was kind of hidden on the passanger side (i have an 03 sedan). it connects to some kind of pivot then to a copper plate. this plate looks like its touched when the brake is engaged. (i wonder if this makes any sense...) anyways it apreared to be the proper wire i used some little plastic splicer box to make the splice. i dont know if thats the problem or i just used the wrong wire. the tt turns off when i turn the car off, isnt it supose to be illuminated and running?
    any help is much apreciated

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Do a search on installing tt. worked for me

i havent found mention to this white wire, i have searched a fair deal...

Owner's manual for a Blitz FATT turbo timer?

check this thread out. I noticed that the harnesses for Blitz tt don't have a white wire. from the thread and through my personal experience I don't recall seeing an extra white wire. I just plug in the Blitz harness between the stock harness and plug the Blitz unit in. I did encounter the problem with the countdown not working and the unit just turning off. these were the problems.

1. the grounding point I used was not ideal.
    2. the wire that taps into parking brake did not have contact with the pb wire and the unit just turned off without countdown.
    3. the car had to be running for more than 10 sec (in my case) or the unit would just shut off automatically.

Other units may differ but these are some problems and solutions that I encountered and fixed with my blitz tt. I hope they offer a little help.

Registered User ProblemChildWRX's Avatar
    I installed my Blitz FATT a couple days ago and it works fine. The white wire in the harness.....no idea where it goes to. I left it like that. The purple wire that your turbo timer came with hooks up to the light green wire that runs along the passenger side of the ebrake. What I did was that I peeled some of the plastic that covers the light green wire and connected the purple wire. That should do the trick!

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.