My planned stereo system
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on My planned stereo system within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Hey everyone! I think this is a great site. I appreciate all the help that everyone has provided. I've had ...

Registered User ProblemChildWRX's Avatar

Arrow My planned stereo system

Hey everyone! I think this is a great site. I appreciate all the help that everyone has provided. I've had my WRX 04 for a month and I LOVE the car. I was going to buy a Honda Civic Si, but man I'm glad I didn't. I've already got a Blitz FATT 2 and an Alpine 9833 in the car. I'm going to work on the speakers and going to place 2 10" Pioneer subs in the trunk. The speakers are 6.5" Audiobahn 3 way and they sound nice. I'm going to hook them up to a Jensen 4 channel amp and the subs to a 2 channel Audiobahn amp. Total watts for both amps is about 1400 watts. I used to have this system running on a Dodge Dakota and it was awesome! Any ideas for my stereo system, just drop me a line. Later...

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

well if I was you and you want the bets quality go with everything from audiobahn. Don't use the jenson. I have a full sponsorship with audiobahn and alphasonik and they have done full audio and video in my car and it is great.
    Driving a FWD turbo is like masturbating. It is all fun until you realize that your just f***ing yourself.
    Get a real power AWD Turbo...

1400 watts.. peak? I can't see 1400W RMS from a Jensen and an Audiobahn amp combination.. Personally I'm not a big fan of Pioneer subs. You'd be better off getting a single 12" sub in a good enclosure that will sound better and hit harder. And if you like your music loud, look into upgrading the electrial system. HighBoosted, I hope you're just saying that since you're sponsored. Heck, if I was sponsored by almost any company I'd be happy and represent them. Audiobahn amps aren't bad, but the speakers or subs.. eh..
    - F r a n z
    Bucky with teh lime powah!

The Audiobahn amp is 840 watts RMS and the Jensen is 400 watts RMS. I'm looking into getting an Audiobahn 4 channel amp to replace the Jensen. I want to have everything from audiobahn except the HU. I would really like to be sponsored by Audiobahn. How did you get sponsored by them?

I also bought a set of spacers for my speakers. The Audiobahn speakers are too deep. How did you fit yours?

Well I have been good freinds with the audiobahn tech for over 4 years now and he got me into it all. You can even get audiobahn HU's now.
    My speakers were all customly installed.
    Driving a FWD turbo is like masturbating. It is all fun until you realize that your just f***ing yourself.

I guess it has it rewards to have friends in high places! Lucky man!

Originally posted by Th3Franz
    Audiobahn amps aren't bad, but the speakers or subs.. eh..
    Im with 100% on that. Im not to fond of their subs after mine locked up. I wasnt even putting the sub to its potential either.
    Future Wrx Owner
    89 Bronco II (R.I.P.)
    68 Cadillac Coupe DeVille

I would also reccomend against the pioneer subs. Get some JL subs. Doesn't get any better than that.
    www.awdpirates.net

The subs I am running are two alphasonik 800 series. These subs are similar to the audiobahn sub since alphasonik is a sister company of audiobahn.

Originally posted by Rancid
    I would also reccomend against the pioneer subs. Get some JL subs. Doesn't get any better than that.
    Actually it does get better than that. But, JL would be better than Pioneer for subs.
    - F r a n z
    Bucky with teh lime powah!

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.