problem with HIDs

This is a discussion on problem with HIDs within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; ok, let me see if i can explain this, i have a problem with my hids in my car, ok ...

problem with HIDs

ok, let me see if i can explain this, i have a problem with my hids in my car, ok well when i start my car with the lights on, the right one seems to always go out, but the strange thig is , when the e brake is on, i can turn the lights on and off both of them work, when i put the e brake down they will stay on, with the switch on and off, so whaen i get in i start my car, i see the lights come on and the right one shuts off, then with the e brake still up i flip them on then off and put the e brake down and all the lights stay on. but will not shut off till i turn the switch off and put the e brake on, strange, also sometimes when i flash my high beamms the right one will go out, but i have seen them both go out, if any one can help, i would be very greatfull

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Angry

Hey i know you !!

Sounds like you have some strange wiring problems..
    2004 Black WRX Sedan

Mods = yes

Time to start tracing all your wires for the HID system and make sure they are all plugged into the right places.
    No one will truely be free until nerd persecution ends.

PM Subie2.5RS2003. He can probably lend a hand.
    "I don't think he knows how to give up. His mind and machine are racing as one." -Takahashi Ryosuke

ok, i started to check the wiring and fond all kinds of crap, but one thing i need 2 know is what to do about the driving lights ans also, when wiring in the hid, is there a somthing different to do about having a seperate high beam bulb know,

i did not do the install, and looking at this, they did a mess, and i wont to re do all of it, so if anyone has instructions on any wiring conversions??? this willlbe very helpfull

Originally posted by hughy
    ok, i started to check the wiring and fond all kinds of crap, but one thing i need 2 know is what to do about the driving lights ans also, when wiring in the hid, is there a somthing different to do about having a seperate high beam bulb know,

i did not do the install, and looking at this, they did a mess, and i wont to re do all of it, so if anyone has instructions on any wiring conversions??? this willlbe very helpfull
    call me i dont work today -- we'll meet up and try to figure it out today

5-2-04 sunday

well first try to reinstall the kit
    make sure your day time running lights are disconnected
    look in to upgrading your fuses (20A)

also some picture of your set up would be a great help

check out this install tutorial: (its my car)
    http://www.hidplace.com/subaruinstall.html

SQC - 189

Quote Originally Posted by scooby-x
    hmmm I see a correlation between all those items... but wow man a hamster? I prefer gerbils my self cus you can keep a hold of their tail so they dont "get lost", ya know... hehe it tickles