My dash/console mod - Page 2
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

This is a discussion on My dash/console mod within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Originally posted by AWDrifter21 Awesome, ill try that later tonight or tomorrow! Did you put one red condom on or ...

gfx
    Originally posted by AWDrifter21
    Awesome, ill try that later tonight or tomorrow!
    Did you put one red condom on or 2?
    I heard one looks too orange and 2 is the best.

what did you do?
    I used 2 for both the dash and HVAC.

Next I gotta figure out the clock and the odometer LCD.

Oh, and my Greddy boost gauge.
    2003 5MT WRB WRX Sedan
    -
    Cobb stage 2.5 w/ VF30, Stoptech BBK, JDM STI front/rear seats, Mattjk LCD setup, JDM headlights w/ McColluch 6000k HIDs, GReddy EVO, 17x8" Gold Rota Torques, Eibach Pro-kit
    http://www.cardomain.com/id/gfxwrx

My car shots taken with my Canon 300D dSLR

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I wouldn't mind doing this so my blue dash is brighter. Is there any change you could scrape away part of the gauge? Or will just the film come off?

Have any problems with you gauges since you took them apart? My only concern with taking them apart is having gauges that are off.

gfx
    Nope there's no way you can scrape off part of the gauge.. if there was my gauges would be so messed up

And no, no problems. It's running good
    2003 5MT WRB WRX Sedan
    -
    Cobb stage 2.5 w/ VF30, Stoptech BBK, JDM STI front/rear seats, Mattjk LCD setup, JDM headlights w/ McColluch 6000k HIDs, GReddy EVO, 17x8" Gold Rota Torques, Eibach Pro-kit

I Support ClubWRX
    So by scraping the back of the gauges or whatever, you made them clear? I want to make my gauges light up a white color to match my defi's.... You think that would work with just a white bulb underneath with no condom?
    '03 WRX
    '01 2.5RS
    MODS | PICS | Dyno
    "Stuff sold by the gram is always going to be more exciting than stuff sold by the pound." - Jeremy Clarkson

It probably would.

Can you describe the difference of before and after scraping?

gfx
    Originally posted by MidKnight
    So by scraping the back of the gauges or whatever, you made them clear? I want to make my gauges light up a white color to match my defi's.... You think that would work with just a white bulb underneath with no condom?
    Yeah it will work.. I just tested that.

Can you describe the difference of before and after scraping?
    Before it was really dull and sort of yellow/greenish.. now its full red.
    2003 5MT WRB WRX Sedan
    -

Originally posted by MidKnight
    Thats what I wanted to do originally, but was under the impression I couldn't scrape off the green film and would have to make them a different color (and chose red). As it turns out, my VDO gauges have orange needles that only match my stock 04 gauges if I put red behind them (so the needles end up red too).

gfx
    Originally posted by qoncept
    Thats what I wanted to do originally, but was under the impression I couldn't scrape off the green film and would have to make them a different color (and chose red). As it turns out, my VDO gauges have orange needles that only match my stock 04 gauges if I put red behind them (so the needles end up red too).
    Well.. you would have to put red film on only if you don't have a red bulb condom on the bulb.
    2003 5MT WRB WRX Sedan
    -

Sorry to go off the subect, but what stand/gauge holder did you use for the Boost gauge?

gfx
    I got it from worldone
    2003 5MT WRB WRX Sedan
    -

Everyone, I just tried to take off the HVAC off to get access to the BULB covers, but I was not able to get the front black panel off
    the lever to open and close the vent would not come off?
    I did not want to put too much force on it.

Do you just need to take off the plastic piece that slides back and forth to open and close the vents?

assistance please
    ------------
    AWDrifter
    ------------

gfx
    Everyone, I just tried to take off the HVAC off to get access to the BULB covers, but I was not able to get the front black panel off

Do you just need to take off the plastic piece that slides back and forth to open and close the vents?

assistance please
    Hey.. all you gotta remove is the silver bezel that is surrounding the HVAC and radio.. not the vents and everything. Put a flat head screwdriver in between the silver bezel and the black plastic dash and pry it off.. and the rest will flow from there.
    2003 5MT WRB WRX Sedan
    -

assistance please
    You need to take off the silver bezel, all 3 knobs and the fresh air slider at the bottom, then I use a small screwdriver to pull up the tabs.

Did you use pliers to take off the air fresh tab?
    I felt like i was going to break it since I was puuling so hard.

and I broke one of the damn tabs!
    pissed, but it doesnt affect anything though.
    ------------
    AWDrifter
    ------------

Did you use pliers to take off the air fresh tab?
    I felt like i was going to break it since I was puuling so hard.

and I broke one of the damn tabs!
    pissed, but it doesnt affect anything though.
    I didn't use pliers because I was afraid it'd damage it. The fresh air slider was about the easiest part to take off mine.. But I just kept trying with a paper towel and drying my hands off and using my kung fu grip it finally came off.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.