remote wire help

This is a discussion on remote wire help within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; I'm getting ready to install some new stuff........and my question has to do with the remote turn-on wire. I am ...

remote wire help

I'm getting ready to install some new stuff........and my question has to do with the remote turn-on wire.

I am using 3 amplifiers (two Alpine MRV-T320's, and one Alpine MRD-M500). Is ok to splice a wire with the power wire from the head unit harness, run that wire to the trunk, and then crimp 3 wires to that wire (1 going to each amp)? If not, how should I wire the remote turn-on wires for these 3 amps? By the way, I am using an Alpine CDA 9833.

Thanks for the help!

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

While this would work, I think its not ideal. Depending on how much power your HU has (for the remote turn-on) and how much power the amps need for the turn on, you could damage the head unit. I have 2 going to mine, but if I was going to do three, I'd throw in a relay. If you go to http://www.bcae1.com/ and go to number 36, "Relays" it has a really nice diagram on that page on how to set it up, not too tricky really, just a couple more wires to run. Good luck with the install!
    4 tires...a motor...a couple doors I think...I'd have to check.