unbreakable autolock
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on unbreakable autolock within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; I picked one of the chrome pro ones at kragen today, and i have an auto, so i put in ...

unbreakable autolock

I picked one of the chrome pro ones at kragen today, and i have an auto, so i put in on the brake pedal, does anyone have any experiences with it? after its on, you can really move it around a lot, i didnt try to hard because i didnt want to bend anything, but it could move in all for directions, is this the way it should be? thanks
    2004 WR Blue WRX Auto with CBE.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Does anyone have any input on this? I've been wondering if they actually do work or not. I was thinking about getting one.

Anyone? Feedback on the Autolock?

check this out!!

I had a 2000 civic si before i bought my o4 sube.
    I had Autolock, Club, top of line alarm with dual stage motion and shock and sound sensor, alarm kill switch, and siren hidden well in engine bay. I also had a HIDDEn KILL SWITCH somewhere in teh car that was connected to teh FUEL pump!

I go to college and when i get back out to leave car is GONE!!!
    unfortunately I never found the car and lost all my books for my finals that year!!!!!

Having the AUTOLOCK, i thought they must have towed it cause no glass or anything on the ground near where my car was.
    I was yelling at PD and college security on how they could let a tow truck in here and if they even saw it.
    THEY WERE LIKE, "i dont know"
    what *****ers! I felt like saying, call someone biatch!

then they never did got back to me and a week later I get a ticket in the mail from EZPASS and Iwas like damn, this sucks.
    They i look at the date and it was the day my car got stolen!!

THOSE JEALOUS BASTARDS actually DROVE off with my car with all that security i had in my car!!!!! and my windows were nice and unbroken!!! from the pictures....

all in all, AUTOLOCK will just delay, but CANNOT stop theives!!!
    believe me, this is from experience...
    I have yet to find something that can stop a theif!!!

well that is my opnion, that is why my car has absolutly nothing but stock alarm.
    Go ahead and steal it, that is why I have insurance and leave nothing in the car for your theives to steal, hehehe
    ------------
    AWDrifter
    ------------

I'm no car thief...but...

When you take a can of compressed air and turn it upside down it gets very cold. When you spray that very cold air into a lock for a while you put it into a freeze. A little longer, it's a deep freeze. From what I've heard, you can then take a hammer, bang on that lock for a few seconds, and it shatters.

Don't know anything about the Autolock, per se, but this is how I heard people were defeating the Club when they didn't want to cut the steering wheel.

I called AUTOLOCK when my car got stolen, but I lost my receipt that stated I purchased the AUTOLOCK so I was unable to receive their $2500 from them from a unrecovered loss.

plus they some stated to me there that it has been tested with liquid nitrogen and some say it has NOT been tested with liquid nitrogen. so i really dont know.

If so, I think they need to make the next one out of TITANIUM and IRIDIUM !!!! or something like that
    ------------
    AWDrifter
    ------------

They claim to be "freon resistant." That don't mean crap. At least with "water resistant" cameras and the like, they claim that too much water will damage the product and void the warranty. In this case, they don't claim to be "freon proof," and I'm sure they would say the same about nitrogen or other coolants.

All in all, I think AUTOLOCK is a great device, but I think having 3 of them one for clutch, brake and gas would definitely make a thief look somewhere else.

but I think that would sometimes be called paranoid or safe.

but right now my car is stock, but I got a few NEW ideas in mind.
    Wish me luck!

more opinions on AUTOLOCK?

anyone with stories about autolock?
    ------------
    AWDrifter
    ------------

I've been using an autolock on my car for t he past couple of weeks. I don't know any stories or anything but it sure as hell makes me feel more comfortable about leaving the car by itself in a shady parking lot. Seems like it will work, but like others have said, if they want it they'll get it. 50 bucks is a good investment for peace of mind. My only complaint is that the first few times it's tricky to put on, but after that it should get easier. Ohh.. they give you that cool yellow steering wheel cover that says autolock on it. haha

Re: unbreakable autolock

Originally posted by bmms8
    after its on, you can really move it around a lot, i didnt try to hard because i didnt want to bend anything, but it could move in all for directions, is this the way it should be? thanks
    I have been using an Autolock on my clutch for quite some time. At first when I had been locking it on, it was also moving in all sorts of directions. I started bending it around and I was able to eventually take it off with the right manipulation! WTF!!!

Well I guess the thing I had to do was push it as hard as I could into the floor, and pull the top part up as hard as I can till it can click no more. The only thing is, now it makes it incredibly hard to take it off with a key when I lock it that tight. Unless I have a second person helping, it can take a couple minutes to take it off with a key. This is not a good thing if I am running away from an axe murderer.

Also I noticed that the base of the Auto Lock doesnt sit flush against the floor, so that makes it wiggle even more.

T-REX lock (http://trexlock.com/) has a bigger base, I may order one of these and hopefully it works better.
    04 SVT Lightning

Also lookup "Auto Taser" its like the CLUB that goes on your steering wheel, but lets out a 140~ decibel alarm and shocks anyone who touches it. Comes with a remote activation/deactivation. Might be kinda cool, only thing is I read its no longer being imported so you have to find who sells it.

http://www.spymaster.com/auto.header.html
    04 SVT Lightning

Originally posted by Mr. Fancypants
    Also lookup "Auto Taser" its like the CLUB that goes on your steering wheel, but lets out a 140~ decibel alarm and shocks anyone who touches it. Comes with a remote activation/deactivation. Might be kinda cool, only thing is I read its no longer being imported so you have to find who sells it.

http://www.spymaster.com/auto.header.html
    nice!
    lambosv21

ClubWRX.net Vendor
    What was that anti-theft feature James Bond had in "For your eyes only?" That would be cool.....I guess.

Auto Taser.... What's next. Guilotine wheelwells, Spearhead dashkits??

Your car can't fight back. You don't want to piss of someone that's trying to take it or stuff out of it, only make it a more difficult target. I'd rather have them take my car, than vandalize it.
    Those fools, EVO vs. STi??? That's like comparing ....wait a minute...there's no comparison. The Suby's still working!!! The evo...well... I hope he got the extended warranty.

How about the anti-theft mode from the Cobb Access Port =)

1 setting wont even let you start the car
    and the setting 2 will not let it go above 1,000rpm.

plus only one ap to one car

unless they have a spare ECU with them

or how about having a smoke machine under the driver seat and if the alarm is triggered make it start smoking till it is turned off.

or how about a key pad start code like the car for "the transporter"

flame thrower on the side of the car?

have spikes come up from under the seat if you dont disengage it with in 10 seconds with a key and code.

that would be fun but i bet the thef will sue you for endangerment hahahhahah dont you love the US
    Last edited by nevergivethatup; 08-10-2004 at 04:27 PM.
    NEW 03 WRX bought NOV 16th 2002
    classified as a LEMON =(
    NEW 04 WRX traded with 03 lemon
    AUGUST 31st 2003

work for HONDA drives a SUBARU =p

You have to jam the autolock in the clutch pedal at the right angle. I tried a few different angles and I found one where it isn't going anywhere. Now, if the car thief has a tool specially designed to remove an autolock, you're screwed. Still, the autolock does provide an additional level of protection.
    2002 WRX WRB

skvfx
    Get a GPS system. Get a Shotgun. You're Set.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.