Stereo Installed (Big pics!) - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

This is a discussion on Stereo Installed (Big pics!) within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Looks good. So where did you put the amps?...

Looks good. So where did you put the amps?
    - F r a n z
    Bucky with teh lime powah!

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Originally posted by Th3Franz
    Looks good. So where did you put the amps?
    The amps went under the seats, mounted to 1/2" MDF which is vecro'd to the floor. The distro block also went next to the sub amp. There isn't a ton of room, but enough to get everything in and besides a couple wires that are visible, its all hidden.
    4 tires...a motor...a couple doors I think...I'd have to check.

Silva - couple of ?'s - I hate the little rattles and such that the door panels have when stereos get loud - do you think you could show us exactly what you did to deaden the sound there? I would love to get mine apart and dynomat/foam them so they sound a bit more solid..... Also, does that sub box come in a 12'' size?
    - DC
    "Let me never be accused of standing between a Charlestonian and his drink" - J. Kuhn

Originally posted by dcraw6782
    Silva - couple of ?'s - I hate the little rattles and such that the door panels have when stereos get loud - do you think you could show us exactly what you did to deaden the sound there? I would love to get mine apart and dynomat/foam them so they sound a bit more solid..... Also, does that sub box come in a 12'' size?
    - DC
    I'll try to find some time to pull apart my door and grab a couple photos. To be honest, I don't think I went as far as a lot of people do, I wanted to be sure I didn't interfere w/ any of the door mechanisms, and that the door card would still fit on. I used this guide to apply the mat (read the suggestions from raamaudio about 1/2 way down) :

http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/show...hreadid=535124

Also check iaperformance
    https://w109.webminders.com/iaperfor...ctionNumber=59
    If you scroll down to fitment guide, they have a door trimming guide at the end of the pdf file. I did this as well.

I'm pretty sure he only makes that sub in 10", for size issues. I won't be winning any SPL competitions w/ this setup, but its more than enough for my purposes.
    4 tires...a motor...a couple doors I think...I'd have to check.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12