recommend me an alarm plz!
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on recommend me an alarm plz! within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; ok since most places don't do remote starts on 5-spd cars, i guess i'm not going to get the clifford ...

recommend me an alarm plz!

ok since most places don't do remote starts on 5-spd cars, i guess i'm not going to get the clifford matrix rsx 3.5. any other good alarm out there? i also want one with a trunk pop feature for my wrx (but i think i have to get the trunk pop solenoid with that). which clifford line is good? i'm looking to spend around $350-450 for an alarm w/ the trunk pop feature. turbo timer is also a plus. thanks!
    03 WRB WRX - 5/18/03

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I have a 790 (viper) I bought from Circuit City. They installed it and everything. I can tell you they are runing out of stock on these but they installed the remote start to my 5 sp. I think DEI makes the best alarms but hey I am bias.

Compustar.
    I hear DEI is complaining about Compustar's marketshare.
    - F r a n z
    Bucky with teh lime powah!

lo-jack
    FP Green STi

I second the viper 790vx thats what i got
    2002 WRB 4EAT WRX
    TXS turboback exhaust, Eibach springs, grounding mod, Perrin Short ram

I have the audiovox APS996a. The system is great I am a 12 volt tech at circuit city and these are one of the top selling alarms. IMHO I like this system better then the viper. JMO.
    Driving a FWD turbo is like masturbating. It is all fun until you realize that your just f***ing yourself.
    Get a real power AWD Turbo...

well i went for the compustar 2wssr. this thing is great, the distance reaches up to a mile!
    03 WRB WRX - 5/18/03

I would go with the compustar but non-spread spectrum. The SS version has a range of up to a mile, but the simpler version has about 400 meters. That is still pretty good and the remote for the non-SS version is a lot smaller.
    For example, THe SS remote takes a AA battery while the non-SS takes a AAA.

But either way, go Compustar!!
    '02 Silver WRX
    - PDX Tuned Stage 2.5 w/ APS FMIC, ACT Street clutch & flywheel

stock.
    03 wrx - 300whp/270wtq
    Originally posted by zoophagy
    The people that work there are, for the most part, retards. I used to work there.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.