window lock switch

This is a discussion on window lock switch within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; does anyone know where the wires for the window lock switch originate? does anyone have a wiring diagram for the ...

window lock switch

does anyone know where the wires for the window lock switch originate? does anyone have a wiring diagram for the switch? any help would be greatly appreciated. thanks.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

why would you want to locate the lock switch wires? Are you installing an alarm system?
    La Fee Verte
    Subaru 2002 Impreza WRX Sedan

no, i never use that switch, and want to use it to activate something else.

Originally posted by gifty74
    no, i never use that switch, and want to use it to activate something else.
    That would be the BEST HIDING PLACE for a nitrous switch!!!!!

-Jim

i know. my use is kind of similar. i want to use it to activate my solenoid for my mbc system. i played around with it a little last night. i don't think i hit that much by accident. i wanted to add an LED somewhere on the dash to show its on. now all i need is someone that has torn that switch panel apart.

cut out switch

what about hooking an engine cut off switch in there? does anyone know where you would tap in to wire this type of switch?

I Support ClubWRX
    I hate that switch. When I had my 4Runner, I accidently switched the window lock switch ON, and took apart my whole door, checked all fuses and couldn't find the problem. Finally I looked in the owners manual, and saw I had that switch. I felt really dumb.

That would be a really cool place to activate the NOS switch. Or the 2 sidewinder missles for blowing up some a$$hole that cut you off.

Kurlee Daddee
    (THE ORIGINAL)

Best bet is to rip apart the switch and check the traces. It should lead you to the wire color you're looking for. You can then tap it in the door itself, or you can trace it under the driver's side, and tap it inside the cabin (not on the door).

Just remember, don't cut factory harnesses off!!!! (I learned that lesson the hard way)