pa: Shifter trim..

This is a discussion on pa: Shifter trim.. within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; i just installed some sti shifter trim. instead of trimming the middle console i just trimmed the shift trim but ...

pa: Shifter trim..

i just installed some sti shifter trim. instead of trimming the middle console i just trimmed the shift trim but when i did the shift boot will not stay put so i din't know what to do to keep the shift boot up..any ideas??/

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

the shifter trim can be deceptivly tricky. when i got my replica Sti, i spent a long time dissassembling the center console around the shift boot, and ended up taking everything apart, trimming the plastic pieces, removing the shift boot entirly, and using some spare bits of silicone hose to space everything properly and then blot is together so it looked factory. It took awhile, but if you take your time, it is well worth it. IMHO, the shifter trim and a nice momo knob will dress up the interior nicley, and make the car look a hell of a lot better.
    my suggestion - get a new shifter trim, take the console apart, and do it right...
    - DC
    "Let me never be accused of standing between a Charlestonian and his drink" - J. Kuhn

shift trim

actually i just fixed it i had the center console out and stuff and so i made it look pretty nice but the shift boot wasn't stayin up against the trim because those plastic spokes werent' long enough. so i just wrapped some ducktape in a circle around it and put a point on it so it would go through the wholes in the shift boot then i taped them down and it hasn't moved since... but thanx for the idea..