Looking for input on DVD player

This is a discussion on Looking for input on DVD player within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; http://www.crutchfield.com/S-OWEZ6L...=01&g=62600 Pioneer AVH-P6500DVD 6.5" Wide LCD/DVD/MP3 Receiver 6.5" wide-screen LCD color video display fully motorized screen with adjustable display ...

Looking for input on DVD player

http://www.crutchfield.com/S-OWEZ6L...=01&g=62600

Pioneer AVH-P6500DVD 6.5" Wide LCD/DVD/MP3 Receiver
    6.5" wide-screen LCD color video display fully motorized screen with adjustable display angle touchscreen controls DVD, CD, CD-R/RW, and MP3 playback dual 24-bit D/A converters optical digital output audio/video inputs and outputs remote control XM Satellite Radio controls changer controls 22 watts RMS x 4 Supertuner IIID Easy EQ
    $1600

Please any other model(s) or suggestions is greatlly appreciated!

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

If you want a better unit for a better price I would suggest the new Kenwood Excelon DDX-7015. It's a double din unit so it fills up the whole hole in your dash. Just put one in my car and love it. The cool thing is that it doesn't have to motorize open everytime the car turns on or off (wear and tear on motors, especially during the winter.)
    http://www.crutchfield.com/S-wnT6rye...=0&cc=01&avf=N
    Bought myself a Christmas present....it's red and has a turbo!!

Originally posted by flat4boost'n
    If you want a better unit for a better price I would suggest the new Kenwood Excelon DDX-7015. It's a double din unit so it fills up the whole hole in your dash. Just put one in my car and love it. The cool thing is that it doesn't have to motorize open everytime the car turns on or off (wear and tear on motors, especially during the winter.)
    cool, but where do you load the dvd's and cd's?

Originally posted by flat4boost'n

ya go with that 1 .i have the kenwood kvt911 dvd player in my car its got tv, dvd, cd, nav.,xm radio. and just love it.

thanx for all the input

im really leaning towards the Kenwood Excelon DDX7015!

going to install, soon as i get up enough cash. searching for a credit card with an intial 0% apr, you know 0 finance charges over a few months would be great!

bump
    -Jeff
    "A Work In Progress": http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=625702

i would spend the extra money on for the Pioneer AVIC-N1. Then you get navigation also as well as measuring acceleration and some other stats.

http://www.crutchfield.com/S-rjRbqOY...sp?i=130AVICN1

Do you have any pics of the Kenwood DDX7015 unit install in your car?
    04 WRX Java Black

Mods:
    Cobb Accessport (running stage 2 91 oct), GReddy EVO Catback, Helix Up/Down pipe, Samco IC hoses, Eibach springs, Rota SDRs wheels, Worx BOV, Kartboy Short Shifter, Kartboy bushings and Omori Boost and EGT gauges.

For my $.02, I'd stick with the Kenwood. Having the acceleration and some other little performance whatevers is great and all but you don't know how reliable they would be. I'd stick with the smooth double-din fit of the Kenwood and go with a G-Tech Pro if I was really worried about 0-60 times and all that. But like I said, it's just MHO.
    Really
    Idiotic
    Car
    Enhancements

--Nuff Said--

Click here to visit the Grand Am's web page

-Jeff
    "A Work In Progress": http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=625702

question, can you watch dvds on the screen or do you need an external monitor?? i would like to be able to watch it on that screen, so i dont have to buy monitors right away.

chris

ClubWRX.net Vendor
    It's a harness thing. To watch movies, the green/parking brake wire needs to be grounded. You didn't hear that from me though, and no mine doesn't play movies while I'm driving officer, nor would I ever sell that kind of feature to any of my customers.

BYW don't buy a Kenwood screen until after CES. 4 new double dins are coming out from Kenwood alone. I've seen the new DD from Pioneer along with the rest of next years models, pretty nice and cheaper than the N1, and still has NAV, but they ditched the DVD player.

P.S.: I own a 7015, and love it. It's the same piece we sell/install in the ESX cars.
    Those fools, EVO vs. STi??? That's like comparing ....wait a minute...there's no comparison. The Suby's still working!!! The evo...well... I hope he got the extended warranty.

thats what i meant, i was just wondering if the screen on the HU actually played the dvd's, thanx alot man. oh, and for the record, i had NOOOO idea that you could do that , and i promise i will not put myself in jeopardy by doing it

oh yeah, how is the quality on the screen?? cuz its only like 480 x 320 or something like that [they say its 1440 x 320, but thats dots (480*3rgb), so i am just wondering if the quality is good enough to enjoy the movies.

last question, does anyone know of a monitor with enough quality to display 1024x768 or at least 800x600 come in sizes as small as, say....7 inches for a computer that i plan on putting in the car at some point. every other monitor is the same res as the kenwood, or it is like a huuuuge drop down from the ceiling monitor. i am looking for a high res one that i can mount in the headrests or something to that effect.

thanx,
    chris
    Last edited by bumaself; 12-27-2004 at 04:29 AM.

ClubWRX.net Vendor
    really no need to go that wild on the resolution. The 7015 is very good. Better than comparable pioneer or clarion units. The Alpine has the best picture, but only on their higher end units. Then again, I'm not sure as to their spec's, but from what my eyes, and all of those who have seen the Kenwood, it's pretty damn good. Remember that we're talking screens in the 6.5 - 7 inch size. If you want Hi-Def, you should stick to Home theater. I wouldn't spend the extra $$$ to have a Hi-def screen in my car. At least not until the price difference becomes reasonable.
    Those fools, EVO vs. STi??? That's like comparing ....wait a minute...there's no comparison. The Suby's still working!!! The evo...well... I hope he got the extended warranty.