Dynomat?

This is a discussion on Dynomat? within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; The first thing I am going to do to my new rex is upgrade the sound system. One of my ...

Dynomat?

The first thing I am going to do to my new rex is upgrade the sound system. One of my friends recently had some dynomat placed around his door speakers for about $40. I cannot personally tell the difference and I am debating if I should invest in this or not. Does anyone have dynomat in any of their cars or know if its a decent investment? If it can make my cabin like a concert hall then I am all for it.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Go here http://go.to/teamshiftpoint and contact william. He's also a member on this forum and goes by TeamShiftPoint. He's installed it on a few cars and knows quite a bit about it. So, either PM him or go to that website. Late.

Fahd

I'm not an expert by any means, but here's my opinion / thoughts:

Alot of dynomat will probably make a difference, but just a little here and there probably won't do that much. Check out some of the pics from Dynomats marketing. They have the floorboards, roof, doors, trunk, etc all matted.

With that in mind, Dynomat is pretty heavy stuff, and $$$. I think there's a couple of less expensive alternatives out there, but they are probably still rather heavy. Now, taking into account that you are putting this in a WRX, which is a car known for it's speed, seems counter-intuitive to me.

Fiber