Optima Battery Size

This is a discussion on Optima Battery Size within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; I know this topic has been brought up before but I have never seen anyone actually repond to this thread. ...

Optima Battery Size

I know this topic has been brought up before but I have never seen anyone actually repond to this thread. Does anyone know what size yellow top and red top will fit in an 02 WRX. I can't find it anywhere!

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I just installed one in my car recently. I will measure it tonight and get back to you

Anybody? I was trying to find the yellow top that has both side and top terminals but I can't find the size on their site.

I Support ClubWRX
    I have the redtop in my car as well. If Peachazz doesn't respond by tomorrow, I can measue my battery for you.

hey i just noticed this thread. Ive got a standard size yellow top waiting to go in my car. The only problem is that the positive battery cable wont reach and appears to need lengthening....any advice?

I Support ClubWRX
    Originally posted by ervv173
    hey i just noticed this thread. Ive got a standard size yellow top waiting to go in my car. The only problem is that the positive battery cable wont reach and appears to need lengthening....any advice?
    I posted the info in this thread:

Optima Battery

I just put a yellow top in my 02 wrx sedan about half an hour ago. It fit perfect. I guess you have to look hard for a yellow top with the positive terminal on the left. The red tops didn't have the positive on the left where I went. Man what a battery! It is so small and light. What an improvement. My dimensions where almost exactly half the oem battery. H= 9in. W=9, D= 5 or so. I didn't wieght it but it felt like it was half the wieght of the oem so that would be around 15 lbs. or so. Hope this helps
    My car looks just like this without the skirts and roof wing! Yeah baby!

Quote Originally Posted by scoob
    My dimensions where almost exactly half the oem battery. H= 9in. W=9, D= 5 or so. I didn't wieght it but it felt like it was half the wieght of the oem so that would be around 15 lbs
    Picture
    Silver -02 Impreza WRX

ClubWRX.net Vendor
    Quote Originally Posted by scoob
    I just put a yellow top in my 02 wrx sedan about half an hour ago. It fit perfect. I guess you have to look hard for a yellow top with the positive terminal on the left. The red tops didn't have the positive on the left where I went. Man what a battery! It is so small and light. What an improvement. My dimensions where almost exactly half the oem battery. H= 9in. W=9, D= 5 or so. I didn't wieght it but it felt like it was half the wieght of the oem so that would be around 15 lbs. or so. Hope this helps
    It was actually light???? The optima yellow, red and blue greatly outweigh the OEM battery.

You would need to get the normal size one, not the 'tuner' size, as that one is smaller, fewer CCA's, and designed for other imports, or as a backup for a system.

You can try and find a switched terminal battery, or simply solder a 4 gauge extension. It will not affect the current flow in any manner, if installed/soldered properly, and will be a lot easier than trying to find that one off battery that almost no-body will carry in stock... including myself, and we get a lot of Subie's from the local dealer and Easy Street.
    Those fools, EVO vs. STi??? That's like comparing ....wait a minute...there's no comparison. The Suby's still working!!! The evo...well... I hope he got the extended warranty.

They make the red top in a group size 35/75. The rex takes a group size 35. The 75 of that number is for the side terminals.
    03' PSM WRX sedan - 326 awhp/303 tq

Quote Originally Posted by ej20fan
    It was actually light???? The optima yellow, red and blue greatly outweigh the OEM battery.

You would need to get the normal size one, not the 'tuner' size, as that one is smaller, fewer CCA's, and designed for other imports, or as a backup for a system.

You can try and find a switched terminal battery, or simply solder a 4 gauge extension. It will not affect the current flow in any manner, if installed/soldered properly, and will be a lot easier than trying to find that one off battery that almost no-body will carry in stock... including myself, and we get a lot of Subie's from the local dealer and Easy Street.
    Well I got the tuner one and it cranks out way more cca's than the stock one. 650 versus 480. It works great so I'm sticking with it.
    My car looks just like this without the skirts and roof wing! Yeah baby!