2 more interior lighting mods

This is a discussion on 2 more interior lighting mods within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; I just switched the bulb condoms on my HVAC/Keyring (came out more pale blue than I wanted but oh well) ...

2 more interior lighting mods

I just switched the bulb condoms on my HVAC/Keyring (came out more pale blue than I wanted but oh well) and was wondering if there is a way to change the light to the left of the steering wheel where the fog light button/cruise is (on 2004) and also if there is a tutorial or someone experienced with changing the colors of an automatic transmission.
    Thanks in advance

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

how hard was it to get to the key light? did it just snap off? wouldn't mind doing that, as i have plenty of extra condoms
    s e t h
    "If you're going to live on the cutting edge, you'd better be prepared to bleed a little."
    Stink-Eye Mob #73, Hawkeye Alliance #667

For HVAC/keyring color:

Dash lighting

I ended up going back to stock colors on instrument gauges, except for the odometer. With blue light I could not see the red needles (2004 Rex); with red color I saw the needles, but gauges were too dim.

Another thread:

My dash modification

Keyring involves removing a screw underneath the steering column, then two more screws. With a bit of space, it should be fairly easy to slide the ignition ring off at this point.

Cruise control, etc. are best got to after removing tray covering fuses. After you've popped the switch out you have the option of dealing with the bottom bulb (it's on the right side) or taking switch apart. If you're going to scratch off the green film, the latter option is best.

The keyring and HVAC were super easy, I'm not good w/ any of that stuff and it was even easy for me. Follow this: http://www.i-club.com/forums/showthr...t&pagenumber=1

What I'm looking for is how to change the cruise control/fog light color and the auto trans.
    Thanks

the HVAC stuff was no problem for me, as i'm sure the keyring will be no problem, either. i just hadn't done it yet and thought i'd ask
    s e t h
    "If you're going to live on the cutting edge, you'd better be prepared to bleed a little."
    Stink-Eye Mob #73, Hawkeye Alliance #667