Fuel Door light + Armrest extention mysteries

This is a discussion on Fuel Door light + Armrest extention mysteries within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; I did some searches but have yet to come up with any conclusive answer to my questions. Not sure about ...

Fuel Door light + Armrest extention mysteries

I did some searches but have yet to come up with any conclusive answer to my questions.

Not sure about 04+, but i'm pretty sure 02-03 wrx's have something under the fuel/temp gauge that says "fuel door", with a little arrow next to it. I have tried profusely to get the indicator to light, but to no avail. anyone know if this is a "working feature" of our car, letting us know we forgot to close the fuel door, or do i have a defective sensor or something? I mean it's not like i'll really use it, but i'd like to know what's up with the light, since no one's every brought it up before.

second, for those of you who have the arm rest extention from subaru, what's the little bracket/slot holder thing on the inside of the armrest? When you open the armrest lid, it's right there opposite the surface you rest ur arm on. Ive seen this on the armrest of several different cars, but have yet to figure out its purpose.

ideas anyone?
    " Sure maybe your 5.0 can beat my 2.0, in the .25, but keep driving and we'll see who runs outa gas first..."

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

well i don't know the answer to the first Q but i think that the slot may be for napkins or something. I'n my neon i had a similar thing with another cupholder right next to it so the back seat passenger can have a cupholder too when you open the arm rest extention. Next to it was a bit different slot but i'm sure it read Napkins next to it. Also the thing we have, may be used to hold a stack of cash
    Straights are for fast cars...
    Turns are for fast drivers...
    Colin McRae

My PHOTOGRAPHY

The "fuel door" with a little arrow is just to indicate which side the fuel cap is on. It does not light up. I remember someone else bringing it up on here. As far as the bracket/slot holder thats exactly what it is. Its for business sized cards.

that latch is for credit cards and cash preaty sure

stick you insurance and pba card there!

I second the comment on the arrow for the fuel door. Its just to let you know which side its on. doesnt light up.
    See ya on the Parkway
    MODS

maps can go there too.
    My Car is 100% STOCK!
    Pics

Originally posted by platano
    At 14???
    shoot , I'd hit it at current age, on roof of the car, with cousin driving , neighbor and town priest in the back seat, and that kid from "N.Korea" riding shotgun.

I'm not sure what 02/03s are like, but in my 04, the fuel door is lit whenever the dash lights are on. Also, if you take the cluster out of the dash and look at the back, there is a socket directly behind it. Mine had a cover over it with no light. I think that's where the temperature is in the STi..?