Having stereo problems. . .
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Having stereo problems. . . within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; I just installed a Alpine 7995 HU in my car. There is no amp built into the HU so I ...

Having stereo problems. . .

I just installed a Alpine 7995 HU in my car. There is no amp built into the HU so I am using a 5 channel amp to power the speakers.

I was checking all of the connections and everything seems to be okay. I turned the power on and the tuner works great, however, I stuck a cd in and the HU reads it, acts like it is playing, but there is no sound.

So if anyone has any advice on what I may have done wrong, that would be great.

Thanks,
    Justin

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

have you tried multiple cd's?? is it a store bought cd or a cd-r? Try skipping ahead a few tracks....
    vendeta2k
    Accessport + COBB SF Intake = BEST MOD EVAR!!!!!

I tried both, cd bought from store, cd-r, fast fowarding, skipping tracking. . . nothing

hmmm....sounds like the cd output might be screwy.......is it brand new or used? if its new take it back to where ya bought it.....if its not, swing by an authorized alpine dealer and talk to them about the problem.
    vendeta2k

Alright, a guy on Nabisco answered my question about why I had no sound for the cd's, it was because I tapped the power antenna wire which doesn't allow for power for the external amp.

But now I have another question:

I only have sound for the cd's coming out on 2 channels, where as I have sound for the tuner coming out on all 4? Any suggestions there?

Thanks.

@_@

tuner works, cd doesnt?

that eliminates everything but the head unit and the cd's its trying to play...
    I hate my WRX's stock horn....

Originally posted by Kanchou
    @_@

tuner works, cd doesnt?

that eliminates everything but the head unit and the cd's its trying to play...

Yeah that head unit is probably defective.
    - F r a n z
    Bucky with teh lime powah!

how does tapping the power antenna give you power for the tuner but not the cd player???? there all in the same unit........are you running rca cables from the deck to the amp? You may have a bad rca..........or have them plugged into the wrong rca's on the back of the deck.........
    vendeta2k

it can ONLY be the head unit if the tuner works.
    My Car is 100% STOCK!
    Pics

Originally posted by platano
    At 14???
    shoot , I'd hit it at current age, on roof of the car, with cousin driving , neighbor and town priest in the back seat, and that kid from "N.Korea" riding shotgun.

I am pretty sure that there is something wrong with the HU.

The reason that it wouldn't play cd's while hooked up to the power antenna wire is because when a cd is inserted into the cd player, the power antenna is suppose to power off, shutting off the power to the amplifier.

I think that two of the channels just don't work for the cd played portion of the HU.

What sucks is that I bought it about a year and a half ago and just now had the time to install it.

Does anyone know how much it might cost to fix something like this?

Thanks,
    Justin

Where did you buy it from? I'm not sure what Alpine has for a manufacturer warranty, but it's worth a shot.
    - F r a n z
    Bucky with teh lime powah!

well, your right on the remote power on lead. As far as the CD, make sure that all the rca are properly connected and that you dont have any "processors" on that would alter the output.
    "Failure is only an option for those who try".

Originally posted by slvrtsunami
    well, your right on the remote power on lead. As far as the CD, make sure that all the rca are properly connected and that you dont have any "processors" on that would alter the output.
    What do you mean by processors? I am positive that the RCA's are all connected correctly because when I am using the tuner I can use the balance and fade to make sure that every speaker has sound coming from it, but when I am using a cd I can only get 2 speakers to work.

well, in that case, if all the RCA's are connected properly and there are no DSP's being used that might alter the output, which there probably isnt, then I think the deck is defective. Sorry to be the bearer of bad news like the others. Hopefully we are all wrong and it is something "stupid" we all overlooked.
    "Failure is only an option for those who try".

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.