Need Help, Complete NOOB?
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Need Help, Complete NOOB? within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; I have a 02 WRX sedan. I have a Sony XPLOD prefab 10" atm. It is an awkward shape and ...

Need Help, Complete NOOB?

I have a 02 WRX sedan. I have a Sony XPLOD prefab 10" atm.

It is an awkward shape and takes up a fair bit of space, it doesn't fit right. I have to also fit a babies pram in the trunk as well.

I would like to fit a good quality single 12" in the trunk, in a custom enclosure, either: JL, ID etc.

How much room would it need?
    If i was to get the sub mounted in the corner and have the rest of the box spread the full width of the back seat, thinly, would that work? or do they have to be square?

Thanks.

PS:How do i measure the volume, with a garbage bag full of bag bean balls?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    If you're interested in JL, the 12w6 requires less than a cubic foot for a sealed enclosure. That's pretty small. If you want something smaller, consider going with the 10w6 which requires .5 cubic feet which is a tiny box (I have this sub in a .61 cu ft enclosure and it sounds awesome).
    '03 WRX
    '01 2.5RS
    MODS | PICS | Dyno
    "Stuff sold by the gram is always going to be more exciting than stuff sold by the pound." - Jeremy Clarkson

Yeah, ditch the XPLOD and get a sub that sounds better and is easier to deal with. You could get an Image Dynamics sub, and those sound great in small boxes. You can calculate volume by multiplying measurements if it is a relatively simple geometric shape. I'm not sure what you exactly mean for having a thin box spread the entire seat. Subs have a depth to them so you wouldn't be able to make it that thin. Also, you should have at least a few inches of clearance from the back of the sub to the enclosure side.
    - F r a n z
    Bucky with teh lime powah!

Yeah, what they said. They JL would also be a good choice because they have a nice strong grill, considering you have to throw things in the trunk. You could also do a wheel well encloser.
    Bought myself a Christmas present....it's red and has a turbo!!

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.