DEFI BF Egt Question

This is a discussion on DEFI BF Egt Question within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Alright, So i've had my gauges sitting in my garage for a while and I finally installed the display units ...

DEFI BF Egt Question

Alright,
    So i've had my gauges sitting in my garage for a while and I finally installed the display units and the boost sender...

I have a gruppe-s v2 manifold sitting in my garage waiting to have a 1/8" npt welding bung installed 3" down from cylinder 4...

Now, the question is that the EGT gauge probe is REALLY REALLY short on the DEFI. From what I'm figuring there is NO way to get that thing into the middle of the exhaust stream? Has anyone done this install?

Also, the bung that comes with the unit doesn't make any sense to me, it just slips over the probe so the probe can come out at any time, what am i doing wrong?

--fed

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

do a search for "egt bung" or "egt probe" and look for my thread. I had the same problem. I did find that when you tighten it down, that triangular thing creates a stop somehow. Hope that helps.
    -Ryan |Dub-Yuh Our Ex Ess Tee Eye| My Car