Two 10's or One 12 ? ? ? - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 16 to 25 of 25

This is a discussion on Two 10's or One 12 ? ? ? within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Originally posted by slvrwrx05 You should get a single 12W6v2 in a 2 ft^3 ported box tuned low...around 26-27 hz. ...

  1. #16
    Registered User Th3Franz's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Posts
    2,766
    Originally posted by slvrwrx05
    You should get a single 12W6v2 in a 2 ft^3 ported box tuned low...around 26-27 hz. You will have amazing sound quality, not to mention a wicked low. Personally, I've had two 12W6v2's in a dual sealed box in my car, and now I have an Adire Brahma 12 in a low tuned ported enclosure.
    Brahma. Finally someone who has something better than JL on this forum.
    - F r a n z
    Bucky with teh lime powah!

  2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements
     

  3. #17
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Irvine, CA
    Posts
    62
    Prior to the Brahma, I tried an Elemental Designs 12A. I loved that sub until someone wanted it so bad that they decided to steal it from my car.

  4. #18
    Registered User Quack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Lakewood, OH
    Posts
    1,578
    i remember back in the day when i used 4 - 10w1's in a custom band-pass enclosure that was something like (i think) +12db (according to JL's design book) and running a PG 2250

  5. #19
    Registered User kjw1949's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Posts
    39
    I have 2 RF HE2's 10's in a sealed box. They hit pretty good and sound nice in the car, but unless I have it turned up really loud you can barely hear them outside the car. Kinda helps them from not getting stolen.

  6. #20
    Registered User Th3Franz's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Posts
    2,766
    Yeah if I get some new subs, I want to be able to hit at least 140 at the dash, maybe close to 145 outlaw. That's not too hard of a goal for me, since I'm hitting 135 at the dash right now. Of course, I plan on competing, so for most people they probably don't need it that loud.
    - F r a n z
    Bucky with teh lime powah!

  7. #21
    Registered User platano's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Miami
    Posts
    3,719
    Originally posted by Th3Franz
    Yeah if I get some new subs, I want to be able to hit at least 140 at the dash, maybe close to 145 outlaw. That's not too hard of a goal for me, since I'm hitting 135 at the dash right now. Of course, I plan on competing, so for most people they probably don't need it that loud.
    that's DB's we're talking about?

    btw that's not a sinus infection. Is your brain liquified leaking down because of the loud a$$ system... 135db is sick.
    Quote Originally Posted by zoophagy
    Happy Birthday. May all your birthday dreams come true except for the one were I come over to your house, and you timidly ask me if I have ever kissed another guy before, and it ends up some weird poo porn movie.

  8. #22
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Irvine, CA
    Posts
    62
    ..You should visit some of the car audio forums...135 db's is usually like the entry "loudness" of a typical street beater system. A well planned car audio system can easily hit 135 db's at the dash.

  9. #23
    Registered User Th3Franz's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Posts
    2,766
    Originally posted by slvrwrx05
    ..You should visit some of the car audio forums...135 db's is usually like the entry "loudness" of a typical street beater system. A well planned car audio system can easily hit 135 db's at the dash.
    Yeah when I crank it up in my garage it shakes the house pretty well, especially the dishes in the kitchen (since it's right next to the garage). Yeah 135 dB's at the dash is pretty good with my current subs, but I have been in a car that hits mid 40's at the dash and it's insane. 10 dB doesn't seem like that much on paper, but in the real world it is a lot louder.
    - F r a n z
    Bucky with teh lime powah!

  10. #24
    Banned BlueWrecks's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    New England
    Posts
    85
    with the right equipment, 1 10" or 1 12" shouild be MORE than enough.

  11. #25
    Registered User platano's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Miami
    Posts
    3,719
    dude, I actually remember going to an SCCA (I think that's the name). back when 140db's was the record...

    135db is impressive...
    Quote Originally Posted by zoophagy
    Happy Birthday. May all your birthday dreams come true except for the one were I come over to your house, and you timidly ask me if I have ever kissed another guy before, and it ends up some weird poo porn movie.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •