ashtray light bulb...i hate it
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on ashtray light bulb...i hate it within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; so i have an hks turbo timer installed in the space where i took out the ashtray. i forgot about ...

ashtray light bulb...i hate it

so i have an hks turbo timer installed in the space where i took out the ashtray. i forgot about the light bulb that stays on now when the ashtray is removed. its really bright at night. i figure there is a button that when the ashtray is set in, it turns off the light bulb. the space is way too small to get my finger in to remove it. anybody know what to do, or how to turn it off???

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

pic 1
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 1.jpg  

pic 2
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails pdr_0032.jpg  

Best I can offer, You could try and pull fuse #4 and see if it is only the lighter, If not you gotta cut the wire or pull the radio face off and go from there...

Shotgun
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails lighter drawing.jpg  

now, this might be a reach, but....
    1. take the Turbo Timer Control Unit out of the Ashtray Retention Area [Empty] (made up that name). you got it in there, didn't you?
    2. get yourself a stubby little screwdriver (or a 90 degree ratcheted screwdriver). Sears can help you with this somewhat, but not terribly rare tool.
    3. remove the 2 screws that appear to be holding the Ashtray Guiding Plate [Sliding] (made up that name, too!) in place
    4. remove the Ashtray Illumination Device [Uncolored], or...
    4a. replace it with a Pep Boys Special Colored Device, or...
    4b. replace it with NEON
    5. enjoy your 'mod'

of course, i'd just pull the entire dash out of the car, because i'd just love to see where that rabbit hole goes. but that would be the easy way.
    s e t h
    "If you're going to live on the cutting edge, you'd better be prepared to bleed a little."
    Stink-Eye Mob #73, Hawkeye Alliance #667

but is there no "button" that can be depressed (like when the ashtray is pushed back in?

on my O4 rex you can hardly see that yellow light, but that HKS turbo timer is SUPER bright in my car (same location)
    04 WRX Black no options!
    Helix up/downpipe, HKS catback & Bov, autometer gauges and MRT shortshifter, Bronze Rota SDRs, UTEC, tein SS coilovers, HKS type1 turbo timer, 6000K HIDs, JDM spec C front/rear lips, 20% tint
    to be installed: Mines Spoiler

yeah well in that first pic that i put on top, you can see how it reflects off the shiny part of the turbo timer and glares. a couple friends i had in the passenger seat said, "you really gotta do something about that"

i say get a scree driver or a bent piece of metal, shuv it up that hole and break that mother. i break sh*t off my car all the time, if i dont like it then i just rip it off. no big!

the 04 WRX must be different cuz you can't see that light at all in my car. I'll get pics tonight.
    04 WRX Black no options!
    Helix up/downpipe, HKS catback & Bov, autometer gauges and MRT shortshifter, Bronze Rota SDRs, UTEC, tein SS coilovers, HKS type1 turbo timer, 6000K HIDs, JDM spec C front/rear lips, 20% tint
    to be installed: Mines Spoiler

Show that light your Pimp hand. Bust that B*tch out with a screw driver.
    2003 WRB Sedan. Mods & Pics

Quote Originally Posted by scooby-x
    OMG!!! Do you want me on my knees or bent over? I love you

i say get a scree driver or a bent piece of metal, shuv it up that hole and break that mother. i break sh*t off my car all the time, if i dont like it then i just rip it off. no big!

AAAAHAHAHAHAH
    Just have mmm...STi come over and take care of it!

"what did the 5 fingers say to the lightbulb?"

Originally posted by ma1ade
    "what did the 5 fingers say to the lightbulb?"
    SLAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAP!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails rjames-1b.jpg  
    2004 Black WRX Sedan

Mods = yes

I didn't even know there was a light in there, in fact I can't remember the last time I opened the 'ashtray'

But surely a little lightbulb can't be THAT hard to get out could it?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.