Just hooked up the Subs

This is a discussion on Just hooked up the Subs within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Just this past weekend my friend and i hooked up my 2 alpine 12" and a hifonics 1000 watt brutus ...

Just hooked up the Subs

Just this past weekend my friend and i hooked up my 2 alpine 12" and a hifonics 1000 watt brutus amp..... it is crazy how good it sounds..... i have the amp controller in the coin holder/ anything holder on the left with a switch above it... i'll have to get pictures of it and post it soon...... also if anyone else has a sweet layout if you would like to post it i would like to see it.... thanx and i'll have some pics up soon....

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

What kind and size box are the subs in? Any dimming issues for the lights?
    - F r a n z
    Bucky with teh lime powah!

subs......

The box is custom... but i have the dimensions..... its 28" wide and we made it so that each sub is sortof facing out. basically like a v but really wide.... almost flat.. but i think its only 14" high and i think it might come out like 15" but i'm not positive on that one..... the lights dim a little bit, but only when i'm just idling not when i'm actually driving..... and its not that noticeable unless your shining them against a wall or garage..

oh ya i'll add some more on the box... its 3/4 inch wood, silicon sealed all the cracks inside, no terminal cups just strait wires from the inside to out, silicon sealed them as well and then carpeted on the outside, the guy i did it with built me that box and hooked everything up for $50 !!!!!!!! he's the coolest, we spent around 6-7 hours hooking everything up. speaking of which the rear door panels come off really easily because we just wired into both rear speakers... well anymore questions i'll be glad to answer just keep on postin....

What type of box? Sealed, ported, bandpass..? My dad and I built a custom ported box for my last car, and I'm glad I added terminals in the side. I have had to remove the box a few times and it's a lot easier to remove the wires fast and leave the amps in.
    - F r a n z

Sealed box, thinking about getting some dynamat
    we decided against terminals because if i ever have to take it out i'll just take the subs out and unhook the wires real fast..... even though it would have been nice to have terminal cups we decided it would put a weak spot in the box...

Sealed box, thinking about getting some dynamat
    we decided against terminals because if i ever have to take it out i'll just take the subs out and unhook the wires real fast..... even though it would have been nice to have terminal cups we decided it would put a weak spot in the box...

Ok.. I used tee nuts when I built my box, so to remove the subs, I have to unscrew 8 screws per sub, so it would take forever to remove them. I guess I'm not worried about creating a weak spot in the box from a terminal cup, especially since it is a circle. But then again, I braced that box like it was ready for a crash landing. Whatever works for you, I guess.
    - F r a n z