boost guage on column Problem?
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on boost guage on column Problem? within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Hello every one, Had boost guage installed today by dealer. I think some things wrong. Where is it supposed to ...

boost guage on column Problem?

Hello every one, Had boost guage installed today by dealer. I think some things wrong. Where is it supposed to be at idle. 0 ? mine is at -.03 at idle . is this correct?
    when i punch it it goes up to .5 and then suddenly drops down below zero at about 6500 rpm . Any one else have stock boost guage? what does yours act like.
    thanks

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

At idle you engine is pulling a vacuume ,hence the -.3. As the turbo spools up the engine will go into positive boost, hence the + values. At 6500 are you shifting? It sounds like you hit the clutch causing the BOV to open releasing positive pressure. Just becuase the engine is running does not mean you are in positive manifold pressure.

How hard is it to install one of these? I saw it was much cheaper to buy it from an online discount Subaru parts dealer. Also how does it mount? I really don't want a gauge with a ugly hose clamp holding it on the steering column.

thanks dan,
    But im not shifting yet when it suddenly drops. The strange thing is when i pulled out of the dealership it seemed to work right and then after some extreme driving is when it started acting strange.

I think this might answer both questions:

https://ssl.autocenter.net/webparts/acatalog/page1.html

Check and see how the dealership connected the vacuume line, it should be coming off the BOV using a T. Maybe that connect is not tight or too close to the BOV? If that looks good then I would bring it back ,the gauge could be bad??

F1 if you think your gauge is bad I have a calibration analyzer that highly accurate. It measures down to 100's of a pound(.00). Vacuum is in mmHg but I'll convert it to pounds. If you need it checked let me know. I can convert it to bars also.

bad guage

found a vacuum leak. it is coming from the guage. I took it of the column. Its pretty easy. I should have just installed it myself. I dont trust the dealer, at least some of the idiots that call themselves mechanics. Now I have to bring it back to the jerks. I asked if they could order me a knew one and i would install it myself.They didnt like that idea. Maybee this time they will put a ding in my door. instead of scrathing several areas in my interior.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.