Better stock stereo for 05
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Better stock stereo for 05 within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; I was reading an article about better speakers and such for the stereo in the 05 Imprezas. It is from ...

Better stock stereo for 05

I was reading an article about better speakers and such for the stereo in the 05 Imprezas. It is from a source in the Canadian market, but I imagine that the US will see similar improvements.

2005 IMPREZA: What's New?

Model Line Up-Changes:

For 2005 the main changes to the model line involve the 2.5TS and 2.5RS sedan and sport wagon. For 2005 the base car (sedan and wagon) will be renamed to the 2.5RS. The 2.5RS will replace the existing 2.5TS sedan and wagon as the entry level model for Impreza sedan and wagon, however the level of equipment will remain similar to the 2004 2.5TS. The 2.5RS wagon will have 16" alloy wheels as standard equipment.

There will now also be a 2.5RS "Sport Package" sedan that will offer several of the features of the WRX STi and WRX. This model takes the place of what was the 2004 Impreza 2.5RS. The 2.5RS "Sport Package" Sedan will feature the STi type front bumper with fog light covers, side sill and rear WRX spoiler. It will also offer a leather wrapped steering wheel, aluminum sport pedals, sport seats (WRX type), a center mounted tachometer and an upgraded audio system and a power glass moonroof.

There are several new colors added for 2005:
    Crystal Grey (All models except Outback Sport)

Regal Blue (All models except WRX and WRX STi)

Obsidian Black (All models)

Product Feature Changes:

For the 2005 Impreza a number of changes have been implemented to refresh the interior design as well as a few subtle exterior revisions. The interior significantly changed with a new instrument panel, new door trim, new seat fabrics as well as new sun visors and new center console mounted cup holders. New design 3 spoke steering wheels are featured on all models. There is a new audio system for Impreza WRX, STi and 2.5RS with significantly improved audio performance. WRX will also get full automatic climate control. STi receives a new gear selector and standard anti-theft immobilizer system.

There is a new rear bumper for Impreza sedans with a wider rear wheel arch to accommodate a wider tire (from 7.5" to 8.0") on the STi models. New alloy wheels and a new large single tip muffler will be featured on WRX. All 2005 Impreza WRX models will feature new 10 spoke alloy wheels except the Outback Sport which will have a new 7 spoke design.

WRX manual transmission will be equipped with a double cone type synchronizer. All models except WRX switch to a drive by wire, electronically controlled throttle. All models with 4EAT except WRX switch to a new direct control type transmission.

STi will get aerodynamic underbody covers and a new helical limited slip front differential as well as a yaw rate sensor for the DCCD system.

Both WRX and STi receive suspension revisions as well as a new steering rack for improved driving performance.

http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/show...5&pagenumber=1
    - F r a n z
    Bucky with teh lime powah!

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Registered User SweetTurboWhine's Avatar
    im liking the wrx tranny revision.
    woooo

wrx gets automatic climate control? That is sweet. Now we just need some pics.
    My Car is 100% STOCK!
    Pics

Originally posted by platano
    At 14???
    shoot , I'd hit it at current age, on roof of the car, with cousin driving , neighbor and town priest in the back seat, and that kid from "N.Korea" riding shotgun.

Im' down with subaru fixing everything thats wrong with our cars, but they gotta lay off the styling for a few years. I loved the bugeyes, and wouldnt trade mine for an 04. Now another year goes by and theyre gonna look different. Oh well looks like there will be cool parts for the parts bin!
    03 MBP WRX Sedan
    STi RA gearset October 4th,STi Trans Mount
    Cobb AccessECU STG II 16.4psi. Bosal DP, Catless OEM UP, 205/55 ZR16 Futura Ultra Z's.

I Support ClubWRX
    WOW!!! Thats as good as SOA admitting that the trans has problems!!!

i wonder if this will raise the price????

damn maybe i should wait for an '05 now. the tranny fix, the better stereo, and possibly the new color would nice.

i agree though subaru making too many changes so soon is bad for dealers who have '04s on the lot. they should have just fixed the tranny and kept it quiet and not have changed anything else till at least '06.

Wow, looks like subaru is finally making changes to the cars besides the looks. Will have to take one of the new WRX's out for a test drive to test all the new electronic and tranny stuff. I wonder if it will finally get 17x7.5" wheels like the rest of the world. Even with all this stuff the bug eye model is still the best

My Mods

"The most important mod is the one behind the steering wheel" - Koyokid RIP

Hammerdown Mod of Thunder josnroh's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    Sounds like a pretty extensive remodel,all for the better. Long live the bugeye.
    Joe/Flyin' Under The Radar
    The Legendary Hammerdown Wagon(sold)
    Bugeye Mafia #337
    2015 Buckeye Boxer WRX Lightning Red[

drive by wire is crap.

bah.

tan
    Originally posted by dark_rex
    drive by wire is crap.

bah.
    Feels fine on the STi....haven't heel-toed yet....or purposedly braked while on the go pedal to check out the response

Originally posted by WRXSleeper
    i wonder if this will raise the price????

damn maybe i should wait for an '05 now. the tranny fix, the better stereo, and possibly the new color would nice.

i agree though subaru making too many changes so soon is bad for dealers who have '04s on the lot. they should have just fixed the tranny and kept it quiet and not have changed anything else till at least '06.
    it did...have to put down a lot more now..which is why i don't know if i should go 04 or 05..
    FP Green STi

put down the extra money and get the 05. just for the new seat fabric alone. the fishnet style on the 04's is impossible to keep clean. i just went and looked at 05's today. and if i wasnt gonna lose so much money i was ready to trade my 04 in on the spot.
    2004 WRX WRBlue 4EAT (my wifes car)

'04 likes v. '05 likes
    I like the wheels of my '04 Wagon better than the '05. I like the dual exhaust on my '04 better as well. I want the better seat fabric of the '05 and the better transmission as well. As for the sound system, I am satisfied with it, but it will be out of there when I get the new NAV/MP3 system in anyway. I am also happy w/ my PSM color and the grey isn't bad either. It's nice to see SOA "cleaning" up the car each and every year, and make it more reliable (tranny) as well.
    "People who believe they are acting with the mandate of God, who see others who don't share their beliefs as inferior in the eyes of God, make dangerous leaders. Just ask Osama Bin Laden." - Ron Reagan Jr.

most of these improvements are the same thing that will be on the SAABARU.
    I hate my WRX's stock horn....

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.