New Race Seats
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on New Race Seats within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; I realized a squeak developed in my Driver's seat and its getting really annoying so I am thinking about upgrading ...

New Race Seats

I realized a squeak developed in my Driver's seat and its getting really annoying so I am thinking about upgrading to some nice race seats with the 5 pt. harness. I looked around and Sparco is wayyyyy to expensive. I was looking for a budget of about $450 with 2 seats and the harness. I know how APC makes a lot of rice garbage but these seats don't look half bad. Is the race seat install on an 02 rex hard or does it require special brackets or professional installation? Thanks!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails apc124122_1.jpg  

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I think the only other thing you would need would be the seat....plus the seat sliders for the application you are putting the seat into (Subaru sliders)

Hope this helps
    vendeta2k
    Accessport + COBB SF Intake = BEST MOD EVAR!!!!!

Thos are going to be substantially worse than stock, not to mention you'll get so much sh*t from everyone you see.

What I would reccomend, is getting ONE Sparco, Recaro or Momo for now and installing the second one later when you can afford it. I have a Momo Rookie (same seat used in the 355 Challenge cars ) and a stock pass. seat. Makes me happy and my passengers don't complain either. Only cost around $185 + rails and sliders and it's as light as can be.

-Michael

Originally posted by Schaf100
    Thos are going to be substantially worse than stock, not to mention you'll get so much sh*t from everyone you see.

What I would reccomend, is getting ONE Sparco, Recaro or Momo for now and installing the second one later when you can afford it. I have a Momo Rookie (same seat used in the 355 Challenge cars ) and a stock pass. seat. Makes me happy and my passengers don't complain either. Only cost around $185 + rails and sliders and it's as light as can be.

-Michael
    exact post i was gonna make, another cheap seat, well cheaper are DAD seats

dear god if you have any means of getting these do so now you will not regret it BEST SEATS EVER! seriously if you have to scrape pennys do it these seats are amazing unless your a kid like me and cant afford them dig into your home account or wedding account whatever and BUY THEM!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...category=33701
    Last edited by ckyfish; 03-22-2004 at 02:01 PM.
    signature left intentionally blank

Originally posted by ckyfish
    exact post i was gonna make, another cheap seat, well cheaper are DAD seats

dear god if you have any means of getting these do so now you will not regret it BEST SEATS EVER! seriously if you have to scrape pennys do it these seats are amazing unless your a kid like me and cant afford them dig into your home account or wedding account whatever and BUY THEM!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...category=33701
    Wow.
    - F r a n z
    Bucky with teh lime powah!

I agree with Michael. Those APC seats are pretty bad, and you will never hear the end of it from your friends. Just get a good driver's seat and keep the passenger seat stock for now, if not forever. Why waste $500+ for your passenger to ***** and moan about ride comfort? Racing seats really are only supposed to keep you (the driver) planted firmly so you can control the car more easily under hard driving, and keeping body roll at a minimum. The passenger side is just for looks.
    2004 R32: 220 whp

For Sale: 2003 wrx
    376 whp @ 22 psi, 93 octane

Pics:
    http://www.cardomain.com/id/badassrex

I Support ClubWRX
    Your friends comments, our comments here, anyone's opinions on how the seat looks and who makes it are worth absolutely *nothing* compared with what a seat is supposed to do and MUST do: protect you!

A seat is safety equipment. Until you get a suitable replacement, use your existing OEM seat (with a built-in air bag!) and turn up the radio or hum along to the noise the seat is making.

Sparco seats are a bargain, not expensive. What's expensive is skimping on safety equipment.

I've seen photos of a man holding his infant child, proudly posing in front of what he called his largest lapse of reason: a battered Delta Integrale that'd rolled end-to-end repeatedly. In the pictures, it's crearly evident that the factory-supplied Recaro seat *saved his life* as the roof line clearly crumbles downward until it hits the top of the seat - as opposed to the guy's skull, say.

Do not compromise your safety to save $1000. Buy a good seat - either a Recaro, Sparco, Corbeau et al. with TUV approval or other EU approval, or a factory Subaru seat to replace the noisy one. Even if you buy a new "used" seat from someone on this board unconcerned with their safety once every two years or so, you'll come out ahead, and you can save money by selling the older noisy seat you're replacing each and every time.

Just in case I was vague: Do not buy cheap safety equipment. Seats, belts, wheels/rubber, brakes etc. You cannot afford a failure.

EDIT: Did you notice threads like this one?
    http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/showth...threadid=57082

PS. It's not just the seat's structure itself - it's the brackets and mounting hardware also. You want to stay exactly where you are in the car at all times, and you want your passenger to do the same (if one of your seats fails, it's very bad news for both of you in there). So the passenger seat is not just for looks - it's critical that seat be at least adequate also. When the car is under your control, you want at least your seat to be as supportive as possible so you are planted and can go about your work. When the car is no longer under your control, you want everyone and everything in the cabin to stay exactly where they were before you gave up the reins.
    Last edited by SD_GR; 03-22-2004 at 04:53 PM.
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    The world breaks everyone and afterward many are strong in the broken places. Ernest Hemingway
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

to add to SD_GR's comment. Some seats will be advertised as FIA-approved.... this is good as it is europes biggest sanctioning body and I think has the highest safety requirements of any other association.

yea, anything APC needs to be burned! oh and i work at a store with a drive thru, In-n-Out burger....anyone in california will know what im talking about. anyways an EVO comes in with R1 seats in it and i said(against policy, but when did i care about rules?) why the hell did you replace your recaros with these crappy R1's? and he was like, dude, the recaros sucked compared to these! so i asked him if i could buy the recaros from him but they were already sold. what a f*ing loser, i think he bought them cause the yellow pin stripe on the seat matched his yellow car.

p.s. i say 2005/2006 STI's come with Bride Brix and drilled rotars.

I know the APC is all rice garbage, but I am on a tight budget being a 17 year old and all. I can just get by making the monthly payments on top of the insurance cost. I was looking for a pair of seats and harnnesses for around $500 instead of over $1000. I might just go with one Sparco for now and save for another I guess. It will probably be better for the long run.

I Support ClubWRX
    If you're on a tight budget, use the $500 for a payment and run the original seat, with the radio turned up a notch. Safer, better quality despite the creaks.
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    The world breaks everyone and afterward many are strong in the broken places. Ernest Hemingway
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

yea, i say get some iron maiden, crank it up and enjoy those sweet ass wrx seats, trust me, well on the other hand its probably in your best interests not to trust me, but the wrx seats arent all that different from race seats, they hold damn well. they just dont look as good as bucket seats.

Originally posted by Stealththx
    I know the APC is all rice garbage, but I am on a tight budget being a 17 year old and all. I can just get by making the monthly payments on top of the insurance cost. I was looking for a pair of seats and harnnesses for around $500 instead of over $1000. I might just go with one Sparco for now and save for another I guess. It will probably be better for the long run.
    signature left intentionally blank

Corbeaus are right around your price range, and the seats are nice.
    Best 1/8th = 8.71@79
    Best 60' = 1.88
    Dyno: 221 whp / 195 tq

GOAL: 300 whp @ 91 pump

Those seats are rice...
    13.7 at 98.74 MPH / Stock TD04 & No EM

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast