Gauge Mounting options - Page 9
+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 21 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819 ... LastLast

This is a discussion on Gauge Mounting options within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Originally Posted by 06Sleepr Anyone know who makes this one? The gauges or the mounts?...

Quote Originally Posted by 06Sleepr
    Anyone know who makes this one?
    The gauges or the mounts?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by SD_GR
    No stock gauges are made by Autometer. You might be thinking of the fastest production vehicle of all time, the Dodge Neon SRT4. The stock boost gauge on an Impreza is dim though. Omori makes a nice replacement that fits the stock gauge pod and looks quite stock, though at that point you might as well consider aftermarket mounting solutions anyway since IMO the stock steering column pod looks like an afterthought and the stock center pod, although better, leaves the car without a clock.

Are you sure? My friend has a yellow 03 wrx and he has a boost guage mounted on his steering wheel, made by autometer, lights up green, and is dim, and I have another friend with a yellow 03 wrx with the SAME thing, maybe this was standard in the sonic yellow one?

Quote Originally Posted by WRXarethebest
    The gauges or the mounts?
    the mount and no its not the autometer one .

Quote Originally Posted by kirkeemonster
    Are you sure? My friend has a yellow 03 wrx and he has a boost guage mounted on his steering wheel, made by autometer, lights up green, and is dim, and I have another friend with a yellow 03 wrx with the SAME thing, maybe this was standard in the sonic yellow one?
    They both buy em new or used?
    Blobeye Syndicate #2004
    Military Militia #30-06

2004 WRX - JBP:Stage 2:13.93 @ 96

Wingless alas. Too bad it took a 50 ton truck to make it happen.

used, but are the steering column mounts with the same gauges and pods THAT common??? I mean, even on the same color? One was bought local, one my friend went all the way to Ohio to get...

Tore it down, put it back together

Just wanted to post a pic of the vacuum/boost gauge I installed this weekend. It's an Autometer sportcomp with a plastic Autometer cup.

This is the first real work I've done on the car, and it wouldn't have been possible without this thread and a couple others in the Tutorial section. So thanks to all previous posters.

Now that I know what the hell I'm doing, I'm moving the gauge lower and to the back of the steering column since it will probably cause me to run out of gas, or overheat, at some point.

If anyone is interested in exactly what I did, let me know and I'll post the step-by-step.

Let me point out that, as a noob to modding, cutting that vacuum hose was a huge leap of faith. But when I took it for a test ride, where the readings were correct and I hit ~13psi WOT in 3rd, I was pretty happy. Even sweeter though was the dimmer working on the gauge backlight!

Not the best pic, but you get the idea:
    I'm going to give you a little advice. There's a force in the universe that makes things happen. And all you have to do is get in touch with it, stop thinking, let things happen, and be the ball.

if you took out the panel that hold the clock on a 04 sti how much room is there to put gauges in there? the reason for my asking is i think it would be sleek to put the gauges facing upwards and use mirrors or lenses to project the image towards the driver. if you could do that then you could put a flat panel back that you could pop up, which would hold the mirrors and hide your gauges when you werent driving and would make the dash look a lot smoother. all i need to know is if there is eanough room under the clock to put gauges.
    proud owner of a 2004 Subaru WRX STI, silver on silver (pics should be taken when i get home on dec 8)

Toyota Celica GT-S (my baby who got run over by a drunk driver)

that would be cool except I think thatt the amount of room you have would make the gauges show up double. You would see them sticking up from inside the dash, and also from the mirror reflection. Would be tough to do, but certainly cool to see
    282 AWHP...267 lb-ft torque.
    2005 WRB WRX Sedan

"he's a domestic fan with a hunger for rice"

wouldn't the mirror make all the gauge info backwards??? That would drive me nuts!!!!

Mods From The Uk

Hello all just thought id post some pics of the mods ive been doing over here hope you like them?
    Please give me feedback good and bad and any ideas how to improve them all comment welcome

just a couple of consoles ive done the black one i managed to reduce the heater controlls down the bottom their back lit aswell not to sure of the dials as havent managed to find any decent black ones, The silver one enables you to put the heater controlls from the top vent facia into the bottom console so you can the put 3 x gauges in the top better place for easy veiw

MANAGED TO PUT THREE GAUGES IN INSTRUMENT CLUSTER FACIA BIT TIGHT BUT AGAIN EASY TO SEE

HOPE YOU LIKE THESE HAVE MORE PICS OF OTHERS I WIIL ADD TO THREAD TOMMORROW

CHEERS ALL GADGET

Dayam

Jesus H Christ, that's a lot of work, switching the entire dash from left to right.

The center console gauges look oh so OEM. Very nice.
    I'm going to give you a little advice. There's a force in the universe that makes things happen. And all you have to do is get in touch with it, stop thinking, let things happen, and be the ball.

Some Others Im Working On

Quote Originally Posted by ODJ View Post
    You, sir, have an interesting way about your modifications. I'm no autority around here, but I can honestly say that I've never seen anything quite like what you've done.

I'm curious, are those consoles modified stock pieces or are you able to mold/fabricate your own?
    HELLO BUDDIE, Never being called sir before,
    Yes their moddified stock items silver one is a cut down top vent facia moulded on and then the stock air vent facia smoothed over to take the gauges, The black one was a bit of a pain to reduce the heater controls down to that size but have kept the air con /recerc switch in the top air vent facia but still have the three gauges in aswell
    Here are a couple more ive been working on one with din sized heater controlls and have kept the cup holder aswell , and the other takes the stock heater controlls but ive made this one slightly resesd so it sits flatter,

These will be backlit like the originals

Resesd so they sit flater and take the stock heater controls

Thanks to all for the warm welcome

You do have to modify the centre console to accept this style as the heater controlls are just that bit to wide but easy enough to do Ive had a tunning company over here approach me and are trying to see if these can be done for the open market just a few fitting issues to sort have registerd the idea so just trying to get someone for the moulds

CHEERS GADGET

autometer pod

Here's my autometer clock pod that I cut/sanded to fit flush, then painted using SEM 39163 Med. Smoke. The color match looks alright in the crappy quality pic, but it's WAY too light irl. It doesn't match my dash well at all and I'm on the lookout for something better. Any ideas?

Time for some gauges. Oh, and I have an autometer gauge-style clock that will take one of the spots. EGT and Oil press. will take the other 2. More pics when I get that taken care of.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails autometerpod.jpg  
    '02 PSM WRX Sedan, Cobb AP V1 Stg.1, Perrin UPP, Borla XR-1, and plenty more.

DTwrx: I love what you did to that autometer clock pod. It's clean, simple and unobtrusive. What series autometer guages are you putting in? Right now I'm using the Z-series Boost and Oil Pressure guages with the autometer dash bezel.

Quote Originally Posted by mikehoyer View Post
    DTwrx: I love what you did to that autometer clock pod. It's clean, simple and unobtrusive. What series autometer guages are you putting in? Right now I'm using the Z-series Boost and Oil Pressure guages with the autometer dash bezel.
    Thanks man , I'm really happy with how it came out, minus the paint match. I'm actually going to put prosport egt and oil press. gauges in I think. I have their boost gauge and I'm happy with it; might as well make them match. The autometer clock that I have matches the prosport color scheme reasonably well.

UPDATE: Here's the pod with EGT and oil. press. (wired, but not hooked up yet). I also painted the pod flat black and that matches the dash better.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails gaugecluster3.jpg   gaugecluster26.jpg  
    Last edited by DTwrx; 01-10-2007 at 10:24 PM.
    '02 PSM WRX Sedan, Cobb AP V1 Stg.1, Perrin UPP, Borla XR-1, and plenty more.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.