Gauge Mounting options - Page 8
+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 21 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718 ... LastLast

This is a discussion on Gauge Mounting options within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Originally Posted by import_sleeper thats a nice setup. how much did all that cost? Thanks man. Well the gauge was ...

Quote Originally Posted by import_sleeper
    thats a nice setup. how much did all that cost?
    Thanks man. Well the gauge was like 65 and the pod was 60 so $125...
    -03 WR Blue WRX - -Cobb Stage 2 w/Uppipe and Intake-

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by ScreamnRex
    Thanks man. Well the gauge was like 65 and the pod was 60 so $125...
    Thats not bad at all. I'm trying to get my boost and oil pressure gauges but the guy at the shop said i would need to buy someother part for the oil gauge to work properly, is this true or are they trying to get me to spend more money than i have too?

Quote Originally Posted by import_sleeper
    Thats not bad at all. I'm trying to get my boost and oil pressure gauges but the guy at the shop said i would need to buy someother part for the oil gauge to work properly, is this true or are they trying to get me to spend more money than i have too?
    Hmm...thats the first Ive ever heard of that, I would think the gauge would come with everything you should need to install it, but I dont know much about oil pressure gauges...Anyone else have any info on this? What kind of gauges is it your getting? And are they digital or mechanical?
    -03 WR Blue WRX - -Cobb Stage 2 w/Uppipe and Intake-

Quote Originally Posted by ScreamnRex
    Hmm...thats the first Ive ever heard of that, I would think the gauge would come with everything you should need to install it, but I dont know much about oil pressure gauges...Anyone else have any info on this? What kind of gauges is it your getting? And are they digital or mechanical?
    I'm trying to get some Autometer gauges, i dont know the specific name but they have a carbon fiber face. They're mechanical

Quote Originally Posted by sdwrx

what kinda pod is this?

i think its the oem tripple gauge pod
    --04 Java Black Pearl--
    Injen RD 1200 Intake...soon to be gone.im not sure yet...

can someone post a pic with the carbon fiber gauges turned on at night?

Price, where to buy and a spec sheet on that Quantum Racing ECU Data Monitor would be much appreciated.
    Blobeye Syndicate #2004
    Military Militia #30-06

2004 WRX - JBP:Stage 2:13.93 @ 96

Wingless alas. Too bad it took a 50 ton truck to make it happen.

Quote Originally Posted by WRXarethebest
    just wondering if anyone has an MY06. Is the gauge cluster at night Amber Red?
    WRX's are green, STi's are red, just like in previous years.
    In short: HLGBGUAHUGLABLAGUHGALGHAGHL
    Mods::Pics

stock

on the stock OEM center guage pod, can you fit any bigger guages? Cause I heard that the stock autometer guages are dim and since it's small it'll be hard to read especially cause it's farther away than any of the other guage mounting positions (steering column, a pillar)

I Support ClubWRX
    No stock gauges are made by Autometer. You might be thinking of the fastest production vehicle of all time, the Dodge Neon SRT4. The stock boost gauge on an Impreza is dim though. Omori makes a nice replacement that fits the stock gauge pod and looks quite stock, though at that point you might as well consider aftermarket mounting solutions anyway since IMO the stock steering column pod looks like an afterthought and the stock center pod, although better, leaves the car without a clock.
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    Man is a brute.... If you're cruel to him, he respects and fears you. If you're kind to him, he plucks your eyes out. Alexis Zorbas
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

Quote Originally Posted by dippi
    most of those links don't work. what i am looking for is a gauge pod that looks like the defi center mount, but holds 52mm, or the 2 1/16 inch gauges. please, can some one find a solution.
    yea i got one from autometer for my 04 wrx if you want to check it out its on my cardomain
    http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2449288/1

Quote Originally Posted by sdwrx

Anyone know who makes this one?

The pod looks like the autometer clock replace pod.

~myke
    ::2004 JBP WRX::

This is the autometer "POD" that takes the place of the clock.... i have it with the prosport gauges ....egt....boost....oil pres
    Chris-
    05 STI- APS CAI, Apexi T-timer, BFG G-Force KDWs, Turbo XS catless turbo back, Perrin Crank Pulley, OPEN ECU tune, new ACT clutch kit and lightweight Flywheel
    13.6sec 1/4mile at 5,285ft elevation not on new clutch and FW
    BLOBEYE SYN...... #188

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.