Gauge Mounting options - Page 6
Page 6 of 21 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 ... LastLast

This is a discussion on Gauge Mounting options within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; here is my setup, i thought id share. Defi hood pod, PLX wideband guage on the A piller...

here is my setup, i thought id share. Defi hood pod, PLX wideband guage on the A piller
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails HPIM1512.JPG   HPIM1514.JPG   HPIM1515.JPG  
    367.34 AWHP @ 22psi
    ???.?? AWHP @ 25psi
    12.16 1/4 ET so far....

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

If I have my gauges mounted on my A-Pillar and my airbags deploy, nothing bad will happen right? It won't get smashed into my face or anything?
    Last edited by jayj713; 02-22-2006 at 11:26 AM.

im pretty sure your side airbag is inside the side of your seat, not your a-pillar. not 100 percent on that though
    282 AWHP...267 lb-ft torque.
    2005 WRB WRX Sedan

"he's a domestic fan with a hunger for rice"

Quote Originally Posted by BapasRide
    So, I like this setup. Can you use other brands of gauges with this bezel and where's a good online place to buy this stuff, maybe someone with a combo option, gauges and pod? I've been searching the Internet for days.

Auto meter Bezel Style-(thanks eli)
    This is probably a little late but j-spec tuning has a bunch of different variations on that pod with omori full color gauges. Here is the electrical boost and egt:

http://www.j-spectuning.com/product_...roducts_id/138

That is for the '04-'05 model. They have gauges to match the '02-'03's also.

2005 WRX Sedan
    2005 Honda CRF 50
    2003 Suzuki GSXR 600
    1994 Suzuki Sidekick (Beater)

Quote Originally Posted by Boostedx
    just wondering if anyone had any info on how to do this install?
    if anyone wants this set up I will be willing to sell mine. I am getting the greddy infometer, so I wont need my guages anymore...

Anybody know if the Autometer Cluster Bezel fits '06s? The website lists '02 - '04, but I thought I'd seen them in '05s. No luck on an '06, though.
    In short: HLGBGUAHUGLABLAGUHGALGHAGHL
    Mods::Pics

"Supreme Subaphile Extraordinairre" ninefourteener's Avatar
    I'm "pretty" sure it does.... the clock pods all look the same.

It better.... My Autometers are already here, and the pod should be in by the weekend.... I'll let you know.

Quote Originally Posted by ninefourteener
    I'm "pretty" sure it does.... the clock pods all look the same.

It better.... My Autometers are already here, and the pod should be in by the weekend.... I'll let you know.
    Not the clock pod, but the one that fits just inside the gauge cluster, behind the steering wheel. I hope to get my hands on one in the next few months to try it out
    In short: HLGBGUAHUGLABLAGUHGALGHAGHL
    Mods::Pics

anyone out there have an 05 wrx w/ ideas on where to mount my Greddy ProfecII Boost controller and Greddy Turbo timer as well? looking for ideas, pics if you got them...that stupid parking light switch kinda kills the steering column, but i guess people living in the snow have use for it...guess WRX weren't meant for FL...

I just bought a boost gauge and pod. I plan on mounting it in the "stock" location behind the steering wheel. Can anyone tell me how i can easily tap into a dimmer power wire for the light? I read somewhere that there is a jack behind the radio, but i really don't feel like tearing apart the whole car just to install this thing. Where have the rest of you spliced in for the dimmer lights?

"Supreme Subaphile Extraordinairre" ninefourteener's Avatar
    Sorry... thats the easiest way to do it.

Pull out the stereo.... splice into the orange wire on the factory stereo harness.

i didnt even have to splice a wire, it was easier than that. i found that there was a harness for a stock boost gauge back there, and just plugged the wires into it. been working well for almost 2 years now.
    2005 WRB WRX Sedan

Hey blabla, Yeah, thats the one I'm talking about. You found it behind the radio right? Did you buy the factory gauge? That would explain how you had the wiring plug. I was playing with where i want to place the gauge and I think I like the looks of it when its centered over the steering wheel. When you look straight at it , its almost like puting it in the middle of the tach. it seems like it blocks the least amount of stuff there, cause is you cock it to the left side, then you block at least the low gas light and if you go to the right side, it blocks the odometer, straight up, it only blocks a couple of less important idiot lights.

i didnt have the boost gauge, but it was there. btw my cars an 05, dunno if this makes a difference
    2005 WRB WRX Sedan

Does anybody have pictures of the gauges at night? I want to see what they look like when they're lit up.