Gauge Mounting options - Page 21
+ Reply to Thread
Page 21 of 21 FirstFirst ... 1112131415161718192021

This is a discussion on Gauge Mounting options within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Originally Posted by cflip2x not many options available sincethe clock area is different 08+ this is an option ATI Center ...

Quote Originally Posted by cflip2x View Post
    not many options available sincethe clock area is different 08+ this is an option ATI Center Gauge Pod Subaru WRX / STI 2008-2013 CLUST-GEGH-60 at RallySportDirect.com but doesn't look good without some work molding it to the dash and some wrapping to make blend.
    Ya I was thinking the same thing, it just doesen't look right. I don't know how much work would be needed to make it look right. Just seems it still isn't ready yet.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by ElusiveSAV View Post
    Ya I was thinking the same thing, it just doesn't look right. I don't know how much work would be needed to make it look right. Just seems it still isn't ready yet.
    I dont think it will ever be ready since there are no "seams" on the dash. The only other place would be the pillar or maybe up top by the sun visor. People have come up with some interesting ideas with making custom gauge pods on top of the instrument cluster and some even put them in the open cubby spot below the AC controls
    2012 WRB 4DR | SPT Exhaust | Short Throw | Rally Armour | WC Lathe Werks Custom TI Knob | Kartboy Bushings | Stoptech Brake Lines | JBK Elements DRL | STI HID Retrofit | XB LED Angel Eyes | GrimmSpeed Lightweight Crank Pulley

CFLip2x 2012 WRB WRX

Found this today! Looks sweet. Here is the link apparently a group pre-buy.

for my wideband gauge on my 2002 wrx i mounted the gauge similar to the SMY cluster style. I sat it on the plastic piece to see where i wanted it, marked two holes, one on each side of the gauge, drilled holes, ran a ziptie around it. has been secure since install. for a free gauge mount im content. When i get my boost gauge ill make a little write up of it. Very easy to do and looks fine.
    Marky Mark
    2002 Stage 2.3 PSM Bugeye tuned by Matty at WTFtuning
    Bugeye Mafia #397, High Mileage Club, WTF Tuning Intern
    My bugeye build
    MinoskePhotography
    First Mods and other useful info!
    GM EBCS/ Hallman MBC Hybrid boost setup diagram

2013 WRX Lim.
    OldSkool HKS Black/Orange to match n Click image for larger version. 

Name:	photo-49.JPG 
Views:	228 
Size:	233.8 KB 
ID:	129250....

Eh blocking the tach like that would bother me.
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan
    Stock...for now Soon to be OpenSource tuned by: Mattypants @ WTF Tuning

Actually the tacho sweep is in full view...takes up that blank spot after 8K perfectly.

Registered User wreckingball man's Avatar
    Yeah, I can't deal with anything in front of the cluster. It disturbs me. I'm a clock pod person.

I Support ClubWRX
    Ahem...well...this is a great thread. I read through all of it...years of debates, questions and great information shared and pics taken.

I intend to add to this thread in coming weeks. My stock 09 WRX Sedan has just around 60K Miles now. It has been great. No issues. Give her fresh synthetics every 3000miles and now its time to go to stage 2 at least.

With my appointment time on the 26th of June, I decided I want to add gauges to compliment the boxer rumble I hope I get.

Anyways, for a start, I needed to decide how many gauges I want to add. I know at Stage 2 or even 3, I don't actually NEED any...but I WANT them. They look bad ass and add a unique touch to a pretty plain WRX.

I have ordered a double 52mm gauge A-Pillar pod from JCS PODS. I gotta wait 3 weeks for the part, but the reputation does precede the guy who is making them. I didn't like the SMY gauge cluster, don't want to molest my vents, my clock or anything like that. So...FOR ME, the A-Pillar gauge pod is the cleanest look. I cant wait to post my pics.

The next thing I am debating is which gauges I should get. I know I don't need them right now, but may as well be prepared. I can foresee a future with a new turbo, tmic/fmic, injectors, fuel pump etc.

The obvious first one would be BOOST. Seems like I should get this anyway. What about another? I am unsure if I should get the EGT or the wideband AFR??? Any opinions would be welcomed. Perhaps I need to observe my oil temp more than EGT...or oil press?

I will NOT buy anything cheap either. My BOOST gauge will be DEFI.

If I go with an EGT gauge for my second, DEFI has me covered. However, if I go with AFR, it seems they don't have one. Will the AEM AFR suffice? Is AEM as good as DEFI? I know DEFI is overpriced, but their stuff has no failures. I have not been able to find a thread slamming their products.

Anyone on here with an 09 WRX with a JCS PODS A-Pillar gauge setup. PM me? Share info and opinions and experience? I intend to try this install as a DIY at home. I am limited with space and tools but figure I can do this one. What gauges did you go with? What stage of tune are you at?

Anybody who is at stage 3 that could lead me in the right direction with what second gauge I should get would be appreciated. I know I don't need them right now, but since im getting two, which two should I get? I would love to hear from Stage 3 guys that have them, and which two they need the most!

AEM widebands are the best on the market. I think the displays are rather dry in my opinion, but it's extremely accurate. I personally like the LC-1 wideband. That's all I've really used.
    A car is only as good as its driver

I feel like Afr gauge with wide band O2 and EGT are the most important gauges to have. These pertain to the health of the engine. If you can run 3, then I would add boost.

I recently added an Aem Afr gauge and am pleased. This would have helped me diagnose the leaking I.C. To T.B. Hose I had last month. The same could be said for a boost gauge however.

I can currently monitor boost with my Cobb AP.

Right now I let my car idle for a minute or 2 before I shut it off,depending on how it was driven. This is a shot in the dark without an EGT gauge as to whether the oil is cool enough. I've heard people argue that EGT is not needed because coolant is still flowing after shutting off the car....the oil is not.

I will eventually be adding an Egt and boost gauge in that order.

These are my opinions.
    14 sedan Limited: AEM intake, Tomioka IC hose, Cobb AP V3, Invidia down pipe with 3" cat, custom 3" mandrel bent single exhaust, Aem air fuel gauge,Cobb knob,Perrin Pitch Stop mount, SPT front strut tower brace, K-Sport coilovers@1.5" drop.

07 Duramax LBZ- 26psi,intake, TBE, Diablosport programmer, Edge Insight with EGT, EGR block off, BD exhaust manifold, PPE fuel valve.

I feel like Afr gauge with wide band O2 and EGT are the most important gauges to have. These pertain to the health of the engine. If you can run 3, then I would add boost.

I recently added an Aem Afr gauge and am pleased. This would have helped me diagnose the leaking I.C. To T.B. Hose I had last month. The same could be said for a boost gauge however.

I can currently monitor boost with my Cobb AP.

Right now I let my car idle for a minute or 2 before I shut it off,depending on how it was driven. This is a shot in the dark without an EGT gauge as to whether the oil is cool enough. I've heard people argue that EGT is not needed because coolant is still flowing after shutting off the car....the oil is not.

I will eventually be adding an Egt and boost gauge in that order.

These are my opinions.
    14 sedan Limited: AEM intake, Tomioka IC hose, Cobb AP V3, Invidia down pipe with 3" cat, custom 3" mandrel bent single exhaust, Aem air fuel gauge,Cobb knob,Perrin Pitch Stop mount, SPT front strut tower brace, K-Sport coilovers@1.5" drop.

07 Duramax LBZ- 26psi,intake, TBE, Diablosport programmer, Edge Insight with EGT, EGR block off, BD exhaust manifold, PPE fuel valve.

I Support ClubWRX
    Here was mine. SMY cluster bezel, '04 STI cluster swap, ProSport Halo boost gauge, and AEM wideband O2 gauge.

Isaac -- 2003 WRX sedan Stg II - Gave its life for mine 6/2013.
    2007 Outback 3.0R wagon
    Proud owner of a N.E.R.D, Member 1.3810-23

The pursuit of knowledge is hopeless and eternal... Hooray!!! - Professor Farnsworth

Has anyone had any luck with prosport halo color changing (red, white, blue) gauges? Or are they garbage.
    Also anyone know of a good video for 14 Wrx a pillar triple cluster gauge pod install?
    Will be purchasing jcs triple gauge pod for a pillar and need 52 mm options (2 1/16 th) for oil pressure, boost, exhaust temp.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.