Gauge Mounting options - Page 19
Page 19 of 21 FirstFirst ... 9101112131415161718192021 LastLast

This is a discussion on Gauge Mounting options within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Originally Posted by Mikie13 If you could only do an 05... And just to point out a bit of caution...you're ...

Quote Originally Posted by Mikie13 View Post
    If you could only do an 05...

And just to point out a bit of caution...you're doing some advertising for a product/service that you provide, so you may get a Moderator saying that you need to be a registered Vendor to advertise
    Honestly throwing up a couple posts was my way of throwing a line in the water to see if I get any bites! I have intentions to possibly become a vendor on here depending on if I got any positive feedback or not!

Oh and i'm sure I could do an 05! It would just require me buying a pillar for an 05 from Subaru... I use OEM pillars and mount the pod onto that!

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

There are a million options for the 05... eBay it. Pods a plenty.... I have an 02 w/ a pillar, clock, bezel and vent pods...

05 is about as option friendly. Newer models, not as much... yet.

I know there are millions of options, but frankly, I'm yet to find one for a good price. I only want a single pillar pod for a boost gauge which is pretty hard to come across. Ones I've found are cheap and poorly made. Yet unfortunately, I don't see myself spending over $100 for a custom single pillar pod.
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan
    Stock...for now Soon to be OpenSource tuned by: Mattypants @ WTF Tuning

Quote Originally Posted by Impreza2.0 View Post
    There are a million options for the 05... eBay it. Pods a plenty.... I have an 02 w/ a pillar, clock, bezel and vent pods...

05 is about as option friendly. Newer models, not as much... yet.

Yeah I was thinking that the 05 a-pillar pod would have been a mainstream part... He kinda threw me off for a second there lol. I have already received a couple PM's from members on this site so I E-mailed the forum about becoming a vendor

I know there are millions of options, but frankly, I'm yet to find one for a good price. I only want a single pillar pod for a boost gauge which is pretty hard to come across. Ones I've found are cheap and poorly made. Yet unfortunately, I don't see myself spending over $100 for a custom single pillar pod.
    Honestly I wish I could make them for cheaper ... but the hours I spend making these things by hand is kind of insane. I am working with a good friend of mine now so it helps to have him on the weekends but even still the amount of hours I spend laying glaze, sanding, painting, etc gets pretty strenuous. The only reason I still make them is because people keep wanting them! Lol

Quote Originally Posted by 08SubieWrx View Post
    Honestly I wish I could make them for cheaper ... but the hours I spend making these things by hand is kind of insane. I am working with a good friend of mine now so it helps to have him on the weekends but even still the amount of hours I spend laying glaze, sanding, painting, etc gets pretty strenuous. The only reason I still make them is because people keep wanting them! Lol
    Oh I know...I'm not trying to say your pricing is outrageous by any means. It certainly looks like a good quality, hand made piece. I can definitely appreciate the amount of work you put into it. If I had a little more free flowing cash, I'd be all over requesting a single pod. Good move on the vendorship!

I hope it keeps working out for you!
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3

Oh I know...I'm not trying to say your pricing is outrageous by any means. It certainly looks like a good quality, hand made piece. I can definitely appreciate the amount of work you put into it. If I had a little more free flowing cash, I'd be all over requesting a single pod. Good move on the vendorship!

I hope it keeps working out for you!
    Thanks!!! Got an email back from a mod now to just weigh my options!

hey what pod is that it looks like its a stock pod

Quote Originally Posted by GotWRX03 View Post
    A-Pillar 3 52mm Pods.

I would be interested in right hand pillar, single gauge pod, if the height and angle could be a perfect match to an Autometer standard whole double pillar cover... The casing would have to clear the vent at the same height. I need a unique and practical place for an AEM Uego. I need it on the right side so that the cable can be used on the passenger side with the laptop. I am teetering on a turbo upgrade, and really want to make sure the ECU is as well ready as the rest of the car.

The pod is really a hold up for me, since I know it is about a week of work, letting things set up and dry... I did one in my Sebring about 5 years ago, and people went nuts wanting me to make them.

If you are down to do an RHD single for a bugeye on it's way up, let me know!

btw, shameless photo of said bugeye in dirty shape...

Shot of the dash available if you like...
    Any thoughts on replicating Perrin's column pod? I'd love to tinker with that one weekend... pair of 60mm bezeled to 52mm... schweetness. I'll see what PVC I have around.
    Last edited by Impreza2.0; 02-23-2012 at 11:28 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by jpamps View Post
    hey what pod is that it looks like its a stock pod
    Check out this link

Smy 02-07 gauge pod in a 2002 WRX - NASIOC

Quote Originally Posted by WRXPhantom View Post
    Might have figured it out within the 8 months between these posts

I haven't seen many options for a '12 wrx, for pods that is.
    A car is only as good as its driver

Re: Gauge Mounting options

Quote Originally Posted by SubiEj255 View Post
    I haven't seen many options for a '12 wrx, for pods that is.
    SMY makes a pod for the 08-13 as well.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

That's like the only one I know of.
    A car is only as good as its driver