Gauge Mounting options - Page 17
Page 17 of 21 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415161718192021 LastLast

This is a discussion on Gauge Mounting options within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Originally Posted by brfatal Do you have a UTEC? I do, how did you throw that together...

Quote Originally Posted by brfatal View Post
    Do you have a UTEC?
    I do, how did you throw that together
    Blobeye Syndicate #505

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by pfcrangel View Post
    Do any of the a pillar pods match the factory color (grey) or do they have to be painted to match?
    Lotek makes a painted one... if I can find a pic, I have one. It is flawless, the color is identical to the factory pieces. It is also snug on the gauges, so once they are in, they will not get loose, rattle, or anything that you might find on the occasional GlowShift version, or some such other knock-off. Lotek stuff is on eBay also, sometimes you can get a great price. They have 2,3,and 4 gauge pillar pods. For the dash, ATI is the best one, and for the cluster console, AutoMeter. They are all perfect fit the first time, and together can be used to run as many as 9 gauges, all in factory fitted cups!

I am using 7 gauges additional to the factory compliment, and have no problems with distraction or visibility.

For painted parts, Lotek is your people.

here's one vendor, but google for more:
    Lotek Triple A-Pillar Pod Subaru WRX/STI 02+ - Big Valley Performance

Quote Originally Posted by Impreza2.0 View Post
    Lotek makes a painted one... if I can find a pic, I have one. It is flawless, the color is identical to the factory pieces. It is also snug on the gauges, so once they are in, they will not get loose, rattle, or anything that you might find on the occasional GlowShift version, or some such other knock-off. Lotek stuff is on eBay also, sometimes you can get a great price. They have 2,3,and 4 gauge pillar pods. For the dash, ATI is the best one, and for the cluster console, AutoMeter. They are all perfect fit the first time, and together can be used to run as many as 9 gauges, all in factory fitted cups!

I am using 7 gauges additional to the factory compliment, and have no problems with distraction or visibility.

For painted parts, Lotek is your people.

here's one vendor, but google for more:
    Lotek Triple A-Pillar Pod Subaru WRX/STI 02+ - Big Valley Performance
    I greatly appreciate the input! That's exactly what I am looking for. I currently have the autometer 2 gauge cluster pod that you mentioned.

Banned
    I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by redwrx04 View Post
    I do, how did you throw that together
    Used custom built boards, a power supply, microcontroller, EEPROM and a level shifter for the serial port. The rest are passive components. Clock pod had to be cut and the screen was glued on. Programmed using Assembly and C.
    Last edited by brfatal; 03-24-2010 at 11:59 AM.

Hey all, new member here. Been hanging out over on NASIOC, but that place gets nutty. Here's my stealthily mounted prosport boost gauge:

does have one have a website that sells a A pillor triple pod for the 2011 sti?

Quote Originally Posted by WRXdrifter28 View Post
    does have one have a website that sells a A pillor triple pod for the 2011 sti?
    I don't believe you can do the "a" pillar on the '11's because of the airbag. Someone correct me if I'm wrong
    Stink eye mob #727
    2011 WRX DGM Hatch, Protuned Stage 1

ok thats what i was thinking when i was looking, but just wanted to make sure thanks bro

Recently installed prosport premium series gauges with the autometer clock pod. Fitment on the pod isn't the best but it does the job.

Here's my Defi boost gauge.

I'm not in this world to live up to your expectations and you're not in this world to live up to mine.
    Bruce Lee

Blobeye Syndicate Member #72

^^^I am glad you posted a pic of that. That's what I thought I wanted to do with my Boost gauge when I get one in the next week or so.

I only want one gauge, but its real hard to find a single A-pillar mount. The Subie-Gal pod sits way too far back on the dash. And I wanted it closer to the cluster, but not in front of the cluster in any way. Plus, I already have a single gauge mount pod laying around. I'll probably just mount it to the left side though.

Can you take a picture showing the entire dash?
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan Stock...for now Soon to be OpenSource tuned by: Mattypants @ WTF Tuning
    "If I have 10 ice cubes and you have 11 giraffes, how many pancakes can fit on the roof? Purple, because aliens donít wear hats" -Ying

Quote Originally Posted by Mikie13 View Post
    ^^^I am glad you posted a pic of that. That's what I thought I wanted to do with my Boost gauge when I get one in the next week or so.

I only want one gauge, but its real hard to find a single A-pillar mount. The Subie-Gal pod sits way too far back on the dash. And I wanted it closer to the cluster, but not in front of the cluster in any way. Plus, I already have a single gauge mount pod laying around. I'll probably just mount it to the left side though.

Can you take a picture showing the entire dash?

Funny you asked, I took a picture this afternoon hoping someone wanted to see it. Also you will see the 3200BT I put in three weeks ago.
    I think you will like it, I'm on a mission to get rid of the cheap look of the dash.

I'm not in this world to live up to your expectations and you're not in this world to live up to mine.
    Bruce Lee

Blobeye Syndicate Member #72

Nice. I think I'll do that. Gonna pick up a boost gauge from vgauges.com which is digital and I've heard some good things about. I want something different. I will most likely mount it on the left side of the hood though.

And oddly enough, I just put in a Pioneer Avic U310BT myself.
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan Stock...for now Soon to be OpenSource tuned by: Mattypants @ WTF Tuning
    "If I have 10 ice cubes and you have 11 giraffes, how many pancakes can fit on the roof? Purple, because aliens donít wear hats" -Ying

"Supreme Subaphile Extraordinairre" ninefourteener's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ranjha83 View Post
    Hi can some plz help me

is it called blow up valvue something when u change gears it makes noise?

what is it called and how you get it put in and how much does it cost? can a ordinary mechanic put one in ..

plz help thanx for the replyies
    I just thought I would bring this particular post back from the dead.... it's back on page 10.... and it made me laugh
    2006 Subaru WRX-Thread: http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/engine-modifications/165158-ninfourteeners-progress-thread-pics.html
    1978 Subaru BRAT-Thread: http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/engine...ss-thread.html
    2007 Subaru B9Tribeca Ltd (PSM)........1994 Subaru SVX LSi(SOLD)
    WRX 12 sec drag (vs. late model Camaro SS):http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lw0vWdD2cjU
    WRX track racing (catching a stg.2 WRX): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mELeSD1Mi08
    Co-Founder/retired Admin-www.slcsubaru.com

That is just absurd on so many levels
    Stink eye mob #727
    2011 WRX DGM Hatch, Protuned Stage 1