Gauge Mounting options - Page 16
Page 16 of 21 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131415161718192021 LastLast

This is a discussion on Gauge Mounting options within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; I highly recommend you get a new and better gauge. I cannot imagine getting accurate readings from a ProSport boost ...

I highly recommend you get a new and better gauge. I cannot imagine getting accurate readings from a ProSport boost gauge. Not that it isn't fun, but if you are logging data, that gauge would not be what I would recommend. Defi, AutoMeter, VDO, there are a couple of others, none are terribly expensive, but those will give you within .1psi at least. As for color display options, there's hundreds. Pick one that you know will fit in to your future plans.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

My Prosport Boost gauge was perfectly accurate
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan Stock...for now Soon to be OpenSource tuned by: Mattypants @ WTF Tuning
    "If I have 10 ice cubes and you have 11 giraffes, how many pancakes can fit on the roof? Purple, because aliens donít wear hats" -Ying

Mine isnt and its acting up now. Gonna call about getting a replacement.
    Blobeye Syndicate #43

Quote Originally Posted by Steveo47193 View Post
    Mine isnt and its acting up now. Gonna call about getting a replacement.
    They probably will replace it. They thrive on having really good customer support. Its kind of been their MO.
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan Stock...for now Soon to be OpenSource tuned by: Mattypants @ WTF Tuning
    "If I have 10 ice cubes and you have 11 giraffes, how many pancakes can fit on the roof? Purple, because aliens donít wear hats" -Ying

ProDrive is awesome. ProSport is cheap, doesn't last long. The best best is to stay off ProSport all together. They offerred to make me a clock once during a forum hunt they were doing, to market some new green WRX colored stuff, and I asked them to make a 60mm clock w/ second hand, and even at the nominal cost of rebuilding another manufacturer's clock with a face that matched their own stuff, they talked about how it would be available soon, and all that, but it never actually got fabricated. I ended up complaining on a site where Megan was doing some posting, and got a silver brushed clock w/ an easy-to-change lamp in it. I have it in the middle of everything w/ a white bulb in it. It matches everything really well. It's also a Japanese mov't.. AutoMeter (the rest of my cabin is Cobalt Series electronic) does not make the best clocks IMO. As far as gauges go though, ProSport is sort of at the bottom of the list of what is serviceable.

AutoMeter is "affordable quality"
    VDO, AEM, GReddy, Defi, those are top end race worthy stuff. If you have to get a reading for a ton of stuff, like you have a built engine and turbo, and need temp info... AutoMeter is OK. They make every type of gauge in each style, so you don't end up with a dash full of soup. I can post a few pics if it interests you guys... I did the whole thing, I am looking for RHD triple pods that cover or replace the whole pillar plastic. My present pics are good though; Ferreous Industries and Clearlake Powerboats bezels, ATI clock pod, Lotek pillar, AutoMeter cluster pod, Premier head unit, red flasher, repainted bezels (Subaru pearl Silver), Bride seats, Sparco harnesses/NRG bar, Blue LED swap, NRG brake handle, Momo shifter, STi trim.

Edited (because I feel like a jerk):
    If anyone from ProSport wants to chime in here about the clock, I am not trying to kill your company, I just don't understand being told that something would be available soon, and to keep checking back, when there was really never any intention of creating an item. If I wanted gauges in general, and was obviously shopping for a complete setup, I could see myself as a target for advertisement, but we are all in here to see new ideas, and to find the absolutely perfect cabin for us, individually.

That's the only real problem with most gauges... once someone has them, and does a whole dash using them, that's the end of that. The situation requires a gauge set that lets us change needles, faces, lighting, bezels, mounts, and it is obvious that we really need electronic gauges, that R&D into mechanical gauges is really not paying anyone, that our cars are too small to be building hose racks for gauges. It's fun, but it's a pain in the butt.

If AutoMeter made a Cobalt clock... this would be over for me.
    If Defi made a clock at all... this would be over for me AND probably the rest of us...
    If ProSport makes a clock I will buy one and mount it in the chassis of my desktop blow-off-valve, and it will be the office clock on a 13.2v3a wire through the top of my desk, and I ain't afraid of the Dremel.
    I'm going to want to look at it a lot... funny how it is the most overlooked, but the one gauge which motivates people to buy their cluster components from a company...

While I was footnoting myself on this post, I noticed that Megan's series 2 gauges are built to be lightweight. That's why the clock I got feels like an empty soda can. It literally can be blown out of my hand with a light breath. It has been keeping to-the-second accuracy as judged against the digital clock in the radio for 3 months. It is weird that it is lit, since light gauges are typically short-life racing gear.
    Last edited by Impreza2.0; 10-08-2009 at 03:34 AM.

how hard is it to hook up the DEFI-link control unit?
    i was looking at diagrams online, and i couldnt quite figure out what you do. its looks like the sensors and stuff all have therre own output from the unit, and it uses one power wire for all of the guages..
    am i correct, if not can someone give me a short description?
    im looking at getting a Wrx and want to do the defi guages in the clock pod. but wasnt sure how you wire them up

'08 single pillar pod.

Can you use a '07 single A pillar gauge pod in the '08 STI's?
    STIzzy!

Quote Originally Posted by timb View Post
    Can you use a '07 single A pillar gauge pod in the '08 STI's?
    nope

Damn!
    STIzzy!

Does anybody know of any i can buy?!
    STIzzy!

I don't think there has been one made yet, but here is one friend made in his 08.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails DSC_0255.jpg  
    Last edited by redwrx04; 02-15-2010 at 11:40 AM.

How did you make that?

Quote Originally Posted by brfatal View Post
    I miss my old gauges.

Yea, how did you make that one?
    It's working... it's working!!!!
    02 WRB WRX Wagon (R.I.P)
    Project 240 DIY: 93 240sx : Done
    2004 WRX Wagon

Banned
    I Support ClubWRX
    Do you have a UTEC?

I used to have a Chrysler Sebring LXi sedan. I fabricated a dual pillar from a universal pod, shaved the plastic until the pieces fit, then epoxied and filled it, colormatched it and installed. Took around 1 week, and only about $60 total in materials.

Pic:

Do any of the a pillar pods match the factory color (grey) or do they have to be painted to match?