Gauge Mounting options - Page 15
Page 15 of 21 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131415161718192021 LastLast

This is a discussion on Gauge Mounting options within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; You can't buy them. ;-)...

Banned
    I Support ClubWRX
    You can't buy them. ;-)

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

You MADE that? If so, VERY nice! Any chance on a tutorial???
    2007 WRX Limited Wagon in WR Blue
    COBB AP/ Stage 1
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #3.2.1

Real music about Real life, check out:
    www.myspace.com/soulfatronic

ok so im new to subaru but i had a quick question. will the sti gauges work ok in the regular wrx. like is it just a matter of hooking the harness up? or will i have to mod it to work. before you ask i havent looked at either. i dont even own one right now i just plan to very soon and i like the look of the sti gauges much better then the regular ones. and if so do you know where i can pick up the gauges? would be for a 06-07. any help the you can give would be great

mounting gauges and pods

Hy,

I bought my impreza WRX 2005 2 mounths ago and i want to change out the clock in the dashboard for the tripple mount gauge. but i have trouble finding the right one.
    Can anybody help me on this manner

Cheers Niels

Quote Originally Posted by niels weij View Post
    Hy,

I bought my impreza WRX 2005 2 mounths ago and i want to change out the clock in the dashboard for the tripple mount gauge. but i have trouble finding the right one.
    Can anybody help me on this manner

Cheers Niels
    ATI and Defi make really good ones, so does AutoMeter (the AutoMeter one is kinda cheap looking IMO), and there is a guy on eBay called "RacingRaven" who makes them out of fiberglass. The fiberglass ones are probably better than the ATI but not as fine as the Defi. They are maybe as good as Defi. They are tougher, and the paint will not be as likely to chip, since fiberglass takes primer better than plastic.

No matter what, figure on about $100 to $140 for the meter hood, wiring and running tubing to it is easy as a piece of cake.

Oh, eBay, what are you thinking.

I bought what I thought was a Defi meter pod from a guy in Japan, and when it got here, I was a little bit baffled as to what I was supposed to do to get it to stay on the dash. It had no hardware, nothing. It is a nicely made bit, fiberglass, has a maker's label on it with the date of manufacture, and their name, and an inspection/quality control number.

Needless to say, it is not in my nature to try to force anything into a car, especially parts (j/k).

I recieved a replacement yesterday, purchased separately from ATI. It definitely solved a lot of problems, the least of which was fitment, the greatest being finish.

I got the little snap in plate ATI offers, painted that G1-Silver Metallic (Subaru matched spray, same as the car), and also added some powdercoated blue Aluminum bezel rings from Clearlake Powerboats. They are WICKED heavy metal rings, but are very subdued, and blend into the interior as if they are part of the gauges. At $10 per gauge, they are a little pricey, and I bought 7, thinking I would use them for all of the gauges, but the three on the dash is enough. My girlfriend wants the rest as bracelets...

I painted the hood lining section of the ATI pod flat black, and left the hood it's original color.

I was very pleased to see, feel, and hear the whole thing snap into place, leaving no seams or ugly gaps, and the color match is dead on.

I also figured out the correct way to run the wire to the clock, it is no longer a hot-spot.

I wouldn't want to cover the tac. I guess I just am not good enough at stick yet, lol.
    -Stink-Eye Mob #999-

2008 WRB WRX, Rally Armor Mud-flaps, ERZ Catless 3" exhaust, Tsudo DP, COBB AP (Stage 2)

just to share with u guys how i did mine!

Quote Originally Posted by 5One View Post
    just to share with u guys how i did mine!
    [
    That is effing beautiful. Eames/Panton era mod-art for the Subaru!! Where did you find those??

I am in for a slew of them for my Chrylser... unfortunately I am up to 7 gauges in the WRX and I can't imagine having more, unless someone starts making LHD pillars so my copilot can have a compass/temp/clock, an A/F wideband, and an EGT. Time attack is picked on, but the cars are seriously tuned. Those pods are hot, man, if you tell where they come from, there's gonna be a lot of sales. Unique and beautiful IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by Impreza2.0 View Post
    That is effing beautiful. Eames/Panton era mod-art for the Subaru!! Where did you find those??

I am in for a slew of them for my Chrylser... unfortunately I am up to 7 gauges in the WRX and I can't imagine having more, unless someone starts making LHD pillars so my copilot can have a compass/temp/clock, an A/F wideband, and an EGT. Time attack is picked on, but the cars are seriously tuned. Those pods are hot, man, if you tell where they come from, there's gonna be a lot of sales. Unique and beautiful IMO.
    Seriously though, why wouldn't there be LHD and RHD pods? England/Japan/etc are RHD, most other places are LHD...there are JDM and EDM gauge pods out there, you just have to look around...

but I do agree...those pods are definitely classy and different looking. I like them
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan Stock...for now Soon to be OpenSource tuned by: Mattypants @ WTF Tuning
    "If I have 10 ice cubes and you have 11 giraffes, how many pancakes can fit on the roof? Purple, because aliens donít wear hats" -Ying

hi guys! u can turn them to face LHS if u wish, its adjustable (up/down/left/right) up to about 20degrees when secured. u can mount them on pillars too. very stable & firm when mounted. i like them cos they're neat!

i got these from here Master Epoch Technology Pte Ltd
    it cost about usd100 each.

Last edited by 5One; 09-04-2009 at 08:59 PM.

Registered User Thecabindweller's Avatar
    i just mounted three prosport gauges... anyone know how to switch the back light from white to green? ive tried different wiring options but for some reason they won't turn green...

just gotta follow the wiring diagram. I installed my constant power into my clock and to turn them green at night i tapped into my fog light switch. Dont remember the right color of the wires tho.
    Blobeye Syndicate #43

Question always green

I put my prosport boost gauge in a few months ago and thought i would always want it green so i wired it that way. tryed to re-wire it so that it would switch and no luck. it will only be green! not even white all the time, any thoughts?
    Thanks

Like i said you gotta have somethin wired wrong. Double check the colors of your wires and the wiring diagram. Only help i can give you is that if you have it to turn colors when your lights are on you need to turn your lights off everytime you turn the car off!!!

I didnt do that and my gauges were always white but when you turn the lights off and turn your car off and turn it back on and the lights back on they turn green.

So thats the only advise i can give ya.

Where did u run your wires to? just curious.
    Blobeye Syndicate #43