Gauge Mounting options - Page 10
Page 10 of 21 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181920 ... LastLast
Results 136 to 150 of 314

This is a discussion on Gauge Mounting options within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Is it hard to connect the guages? cause im thinking about getting some and I dont want it to be ...

  1. #136
    Registered User Zobunef87's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Camdenton
    Posts
    98
    Is it hard to connect the guages? cause im thinking about getting some and I dont want it to be something that I have to hire someone else to do cause im not too smart :P
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #087
    Current: 06 WRX TR
    IEquus Gauges
    JDM SSQV BOV

    Soon Stage 2 ^_^

  2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements
     

  3. #137
    "Supreme Subaphile Extraordinairre" ninefourteener's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    SLC area
    Posts
    2,190
    Here's me so far..... got 3 more on the way. Will be installed this weekend.

    Currently:
    Autometer C2s:
    Oil press
    A/F meter
    Boost
    Stage 2 tach/shift light
    Pyrometer
    Voltmeter

    On the way:
    Autometer C2 fuel press
    Two SPI air temp gauges (for pre and post I/C temps)
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails full dash.jpg  
    2006 Subaru WRX-Thread: http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/engine-modifications/165158-ninfourteeners-progress-thread-pics.html
    1978 Subaru BRAT-Thread: http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/engine...ss-thread.html
    2007 Subaru B9Tribeca Ltd (PSM)........1994 Subaru SVX LSi(SOLD)
    WRX 12 sec drag (vs. late model Camaro SS):http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lw0vWdD2cjU
    WRX track racing (catching a stg.2 WRX): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mELeSD1Mi08
    Co-Founder/retired Admin-www.slcsubaru.com

  4. #138
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Australia qlD
    Posts
    29
    hi guys,

    i just bought a new wrx 07 model and i want to put guages in.
    But i am having trouble where to put it on dashboard coz they is not much room.

    If anyone has done it to their 2007 model wrx, can please attach ur pics here so i can get ideas.. it would be great

    appreciated


  5. #139
    Pro Manscaper Mikie13's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Palmyra, NJ
    Posts
    20,952
    Quote Originally Posted by ranjha83 View Post
    hi guys,

    i just bought a new wrx 07 model and i want to put guages in.
    But i am having trouble where to put it on dashboard coz they is not much room.

    If anyone has done it to their 2007 model wrx, can please attach ur pics here so i can get ideas.. it would be great

    appreciated

    Just take a look at some of the other pics from the earlier threads and you will see the dash mounting options. The interiors of WRXs/STIs are virtually the same (save for minor things, colors, etc.) from 2002 through 2007. The clock pod in the center/top of the dash is one of the most popular places to put gauges. But in order to do that, you have to remove the clock pod and replace it with a gauge mounting unit that is a direct fit. Subaru actually makes their own, but its a little expensive. Defi makes them, and Autometer as well. Do a search online of where you can find them, as they are definitely plentiful. Goodluck!
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan
    Stock...for now Soon to be OpenSource tuned by: Mattypants @ WTF Tuning

  6. #140
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Australia qlD
    Posts
    29
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikie13 View Post
    Just take a look at some of the other pics from the earlier threads and you will see the dash mounting options. The interiors of WRXs/STIs are virtually the same (save for minor things, colors, etc.) from 2002 through 2007. The clock pod in the center/top of the dash is one of the most popular places to put gauges. But in order to do that, you have to remove the clock pod and replace it with a gauge mounting unit that is a direct fit. Subaru actually makes their own, but its a little expensive. Defi makes them, and Autometer as well. Do a search online of where you can find them, as they are definitely plentiful. Goodluck!

    can't u just put it top of the clock or put it behind the clock they seems to be lots of room behind the dash clock ? if not than i am thinking about getting it on the side of the dash board...

    see how much it costs n stuff? any ideas on the price .. for average

  7. #141
    Registered User wage0052's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Minneapolis
    Posts
    73
    I just finished up the install of the Maddad v2 Clarity gauges in an autometer dual gauge bezel. I am very impressed at the color and look of these gauges, including the STI style blackout when they're off.

    They're a tad brighter then the rest of my gauges at night, but if they where any dimmer, I would have trouble seeing them on a bright day outside. All in all, I'm very happy!!




  8. #142
    Pro Manscaper Mikie13's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Palmyra, NJ
    Posts
    20,952
    ^^^Gauges look good dude...how much do Maddads run anyway?



    Quote Originally Posted by ranjha83 View Post
    can't u just put it top of the clock or put it behind the clock they seems to be lots of room behind the dash clock ? if not than i am thinking about getting it on the side of the dash board...

    see how much it costs n stuff? any ideas on the price .. for average
    And Ranjha, you can mount the gauges any way you want really if you have the single pod mounts such as little Autometer pods or Prosport pods. You just screw the pods down anywhere you want really, and pop the gauge in. They run about $15-$20 bucks here in the US for those things. As for the center clock area pod, it usually runs about $50-$100 depending on what kind/what brand you get. Autometer is probably one of the best companies for mounting options. Defi is good, but more expensive usually.

    Defi Gauges run about $150+ per gauge and $75 or so for the control unit.
    Prosport Gauges run an average of about $50 per gauge...no control unit needed.
    Autometer gauges can run anywhere from $50 average for their basic series gauges to $100+ per gauge for more premium gauges.

    Check out some of the sites below for gauge options:
    http://autometer.com/default.aspx

    http://www.nippon-seiki.co.jp/defishop/

    http://prosportgauges.com/

    http://www.daddysscp.com/dcart4/cata...Set-p-103.html

    http://www.nolimitmotorsport.com/greddy/gauges.html
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan
    Stock...for now Soon to be OpenSource tuned by: Mattypants @ WTF Tuning

  9. #143
    Registered User wage0052's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Minneapolis
    Posts
    73
    I got the Maddad 3 gauge package located here.

    The dual gauge bezel was an extra ~$50, and I just haven't installed the third gauge, yet. Very happy with the quality for that price, though!

  10. #144
    Registered User drive4fun's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    ID
    Posts
    47
    Quote Originally Posted by wage0052 View Post
    I got the Maddad 3 gauge package located here.

    The dual gauge bezel was an extra ~$50, and I just haven't installed the third gauge, yet. Very happy with the quality for that price, though!
    Did you get a discount on the dual gauge bezel? It looks like it's $70 to me.
    04' WRX

  11. #145
    Pro Manscaper Mikie13's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Palmyra, NJ
    Posts
    20,952
    Quote Originally Posted by wage0052 View Post
    I got the Maddad 3 gauge package located here.

    The dual gauge bezel was an extra ~$50, and I just haven't installed the third gauge, yet. Very happy with the quality for that price, though!
    I was checking out the daddys.com or whatever the hell site that sells the package and the price for all of them together really wasn't that bad. A lot better than Defi, and total, only a little more expensive than Prosports. I guess with my pod and 3 gauges, I totalled $200 or so...
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan
    Stock...for now Soon to be OpenSource tuned by: Mattypants @ WTF Tuning

  12. #146
    Registered User wage0052's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Minneapolis
    Posts
    73
    Quote Originally Posted by drive4fun View Post
    Did you get a discount on the dual gauge bezel? It looks like it's $70 to me.
    Nope, you're right. I looked at the receipt, and it was $69.

  13. #147
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Australia qlD
    Posts
    29
    Hi can some plz help me


    is it called blow up valvue something when u change gears it makes noise?

    what is it called and how you get it put in and how much does it cost? can a ordinary mechanic put one in ..

    plz help thanx for the replyies

  14. #148
    Registered User blahblah's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Chi-cago
    Posts
    816
    Oh.....my......god
    282 AWHP...267 lb-ft torque.
    2005 WRB WRX Sedan

    "he's a domestic fan with a hunger for rice"

  15. #149
    Registered User DTwrx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    64
    Quote Originally Posted by blahblah View Post
    Oh.....my......god
    '02 PSM WRX Sedan, Cobb AP V1 Stg.1, Perrin UPP, Borla XR-1, and plenty more.

  16. #150
    Pro Manscaper Mikie13's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Palmyra, NJ
    Posts
    20,952
    Quote Originally Posted by ranjha83 View Post
    Hi can some plz help me


    is it called blow up valvue something when u change gears it makes noise?

    what is it called and how you get it put in and how much does it cost? can a ordinary mechanic put one in ..

    plz help thanx for the replyies
    Dude, you posted this in a thread already, and it had to get merged into "The BIG BOV THREAD"...I suggest you stick to one thread...especially since this is the thread for GAUGE MOUNTING OPTIONS

    And yes...the valve will blow your car up...especially if you don't use the Search feature of the forums
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan
    Stock...for now Soon to be OpenSource tuned by: Mattypants @ WTF Tuning

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •