car seats
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on car seats within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; is it just me or do other ppl have problems w/ the factory seats? after driving for a while, my ...

Houston, TX / Athens, GA -at the same time!
    I Support ClubWRX

car seats

is it just me or do other ppl have problems w/ the factory seats? after driving for a while, my back starts to hurt b/c of the suprising lack of lumbar support in the seats. anyone have (cheap) solution to htis?
    Silver 911
    WRX's older brother

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Moderating YOU
    before you had your Subaru!
    I Support ClubWRX
    Send supermarkus a PM. He showed me his lumbar mod of stuffing towels inside the seat! Wow that felt great

Edit: Grammar not becoming of a college graduate
    Last edited by Verdugo; 06-25-2002 at 09:59 AM.
    Armin - ClubWRX Admin/Moderator since 2002
    Vice President and Editorial Manager, NWMotiv.com
    Photography Portfolios: ArminAusejo.com | ArminWeddings.com
    President, Project One Car Club
    02 WRX "EVA-00" | 15 Audi S3 "Ella" | 2010 A4 (traded in) | 02 M3 "M-Thrizzle" (traded in) | 08 STI "Blaze" (sold)
    djrez4 is a genius | ScoobyDMC #010

I Support ClubWRX
    i'm thinking of turning it up a notch by using some high tech junk
    i wanna get one of those airbags with the squishy thing with a hose so u can pump it to inflate the bag to get the rigth amount of support u need.
    Silver 911
    WRX's older brother

Im gonna replace my seats with the STi ones, SOA told me that if you take the original seats out, it would deactivate the whole airbag system. I wonder if the STi seats have the airbags in them. Anyways, for now I think Ill just stuff foam in my seats for lumbar support.
    La Fee Verte
    Subaru 2002 Impreza WRX Sedan

I Support ClubWRX
    wait...how would removing the seats deactivate the airbag?
    Silver 911
    WRX's older brother

Originally posted by Penguinking
    wait...how would removing the seats deactivate the airbag?
    They guy said something like the whole system was connected and if the seats were to be removed and replaced with some aftermarket one that it would deactivate the entire airbag system. I dont know for sure but thats what he said and hes a rep for SOA.
    La Fee Verte

I Support ClubWRX
    You might want to check your manual for the relay diagram. There are different sensors for the frontal and side airbags, which is logical. You might get a AIRBAG light on by removing the stock seats, but a resistor tapped in should work.......or you can pull the airbag fuse. I personally have issues with airbags all together, but that's a different story. And no, the STi seats don't have airbags........actually only the North American Impreza WRX has airbags in the seats to cater to our paranoid, airbag frenzy, every-fool-has-a-license to drive(or kill...whichever you prefer) nature. Basically, I'm sure by adding a resistor to the circuit as to not tap the sensor will do...or pull the airbag fuse altogether. I'll be looking forward to installing some fixed back racebuckets when someone wants to buy my spanking new, extra clean(as in I can count how many times the passenger seat has been used) as well as an airbagless, aftermarket steering.

I Support ClubWRX
    this probly sounds stupid or im just really out of it

but um...what kind of airbag goes in your SEAT???
    Silver 911
    WRX's older brother

the sideairbags of course, look on the side of your seat it'll say "side airbags"
    La Fee Verte

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.