Greddy boost gauge dies
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Greddy boost gauge dies within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; I didn't think we'd have to part so early... I changed my spark plugs yesterday and unplugged the battery. When ...

SBW

Greddy boost gauge dies

I didn't think we'd have to part so early...

I changed my spark plugs yesterday and unplugged the battery. When I hooked it back up, I took the car for a drive and it was fine for about 5 minutes, then the gauge would only read 0. Then it would read boost but start hanging at about 3 or 4 psi so it looks like a mechanical problem.

Im pretty dissapointed for what I thought should be a quality gauge.

Now I gotta figure out if I should go with a set of Defi's or just get another greddy, but a peak hold 60mm this time. The omori's look sick too. Any thoughts?

By the way, I was running a 52mm electronic greddy gauge.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

id go with Defi, thats what im lookin into personaly

how long have you had the gauge? i'd contact greddy about having it replaced under warranty because i've never heard of that happening before.
    o-|-<) bryan

-2003 Blue WRX, complete 2007 STi Engine/Drivetrain transplant - Pic 1 | Pic 2 | Pic 3 | Pic 4 (new!)
    -1994 Black Supra TT 6MT - Pic | Build/Restoration Thread: 67mm, Fuel, Painted Engine Bay, Fuse Box Relocation, Wire Tuck, etc.

www.TriStateTuners.com

cnk
    I had a Greddy 60mm Electronic Warning gauge go bad on me. Granted, it was 2nd hand so I don't know if it was damaged previously, but it worked for about 8 months before going south. I replaced it with a mechanical Blitz BLM unit and haven't had any problems since. I will say one thing though. . .I have 2 other Greddy 60mm warning gauges for EGT and oil pressure that I bought new and they're still running strong.

Calvin

SBW
    Originally posted by Wrinkleboi
    how long have you had the gauge? i'd contact greddy about having it replaced under warranty because i've never heard of that happening before.
    o-|-<) bryan
    I was kinda hoping to get a peak hold gauge, I wish they offered it in 52mm though. I wonder if the wire on the back of the gauge is the same as the greddy 60mm peak/hold?

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.