Boost Guage
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on Boost Guage within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Just got a 04 wgn.....i didnt get it with the boost guage package....wondering which boost guage will be good....they all ...

Boost Guage

Just got a 04 wgn.....i didnt get it with the boost guage package....wondering which boost guage will be good....they all look pretty nice... was actually looking at the greddy boost guage with the warning thingy......what do you guys think?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

my 04 didnt come with a boost gauge either I decided to get the one subaru has to offer

i have a greddy 52mm electronic boost gauge which i am very happy with. its black with green backlighting, and is a very close match to the stock gauges. i think they only make the peak/warning/hold version in 60mm, which will be too big to mount on the steering column, which is where i'd assume you would mount a single gauge. 52mm is about as big as you want to go on the column, thats what i had for a while and it worked great for me.
    if you are looking at getting 2 or 3 gauges, then you can do 60mm on the a pillar or get a pod to replace the clock on the dash.
    omori also makes gauges that are nice, and they match very well also (yellow needle- MY02-03). besides that blitz and defi make great gauges, but they wont match as well.
    o-|-<) bryan
    btw, good choice on getting an aftermarket gauge instead of the factory option... its more expensive than aftermarket and not nearly as good.

-2003 Blue WRX, complete 2007 STi Engine/Drivetrain transplant - Pic 1 | Pic 2 | Pic 3 | Pic 4 (new!)
    -1994 Black Supra TT 6MT - Pic | Build/Restoration Thread: 67mm, Fuel, Painted Engine Bay, Fuse Box Relocation, Wire Tuck, etc.

www.TriStateTuners.com

I Support ClubWRX
    Here's what I did:

http://www.morrisgarage.com/wrx/pod/
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails img_1693.jpg  

Steve - Avon, Ohio, USA - Moderator - Fun Drives and North Central States
    The Morris Garage
    2008 Outback 2.5XT Ltd __2002 WRX Wagon __ 1958 MGA Roadster __ 2008 smart Cabrio __ and a few scooters...

Did that gauge come with the pod.

I'm interested in dual gauge pod to put my boost and fuel pressure gauges. Would anyone happen to know what's available? I have the 2-1/16" autometer gauges already.

Thanks for the help.........
    1998 SVT Cobra Coupe - 623 RWHP (Silver)
    2001 BMW M5 (LeMans Blue)
    2004 Ducati 999 Monoposto (Red)
    2004 Subaru WRX STi (Platinum Silver)
    2006 BMW 750 Li (Sterling Grey)

Some good WRX websites that i like are fastwrx.com and subarustore.com. I think fastwrx.com is a little better though. Bigger selection

I Support ClubWRX
    Originally posted by blahblah
    Did that gauge come with the pod.
    Me? No, the gauge came from Gruppe-S, and the pod from Subiegal.com

Steve - Avon, Ohio, USA - Moderator - Fun Drives and North Central States
    The Morris Garage
    2008 Outback 2.5XT Ltd __2002 WRX Wagon __ 1958 MGA Roadster __ 2008 smart Cabrio __ and a few scooters...

Just a quick ? What is a safe Engine temp for just driving around, and what is a safe engine temp for racing

oh yeah? And what exactly is the difference between temp gauges and EGT gauges. Is one more accurate than the other

Originally posted by Stallion STi
    I'm interested in dual gauge pod to put my boost and fuel pressure gauges. Would anyone happen to know what's available? I have the 2-1/16" autometer gauges already.

Thanks for the help.........
    Try www.gaugepods.com

Originally posted by blahblah
    Just a quick ? What is a safe Engine temp for just driving around, and what is a safe engine temp for racing
    i wouldnt really race until i've been driving already for like a half hour

Originally posted by fourstardrift
    Try www.gaugepods.com
    Thanks alot dude, just what I need.... triple gauge pod, the more the merrier....... LOL
    1998 SVT Cobra Coupe - 623 RWHP (Silver)
    2001 BMW M5 (LeMans Blue)
    2004 Ducati 999 Monoposto (Red)
    2004 Subaru WRX STi (Platinum Silver)
    2006 BMW 750 Li (Sterling Grey)

Originally posted by Stallion STi
    Thanks alot dude, just what I need.... triple gauge pod, the more the merrier....... LOL
    Sure thing. I got the 3 gauge pods and it works. People keep telling me that it looks stock. You just pull out your stock a-pillar cover and replace it with the new gauge holder.

those pods from gaugepods.com look sharp.. i want the 2 gauge setup.. what's more popular 2 1/16th or 60mm??

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.