Boost Guage - Page 2
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

This is a discussion on Boost Guage within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; I believe 2-1/16" gauges are more popular but it could be just a personal preference. I like them myself ...........

I believe 2-1/16" gauges are more popular but it could be just a personal preference. I like them myself ........
    1998 SVT Cobra Coupe - 623 RWHP (Silver)
    2001 BMW M5 (LeMans Blue)
    2004 Ducati 999 Monoposto (Red)
    2004 Subaru WRX STi (Platinum Silver)
    2006 BMW 750 Li (Sterling Grey)

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I think that the 2-1/16" are more popular but sometimes you can cut out a little so that it will fit a 60mm

Originally posted by fourstardrift
    Sure thing. I got the 3 gauge pods and it works. People keep telling me that it looks stock. You just pull out your stock a-pillar cover and replace it with the new gauge holder.

Do you have any pics?? I want to get a setup like that and i am wondering how the fitment is. Particularly where the dash and the A-Pillar meet.

I Support ClubWRX
    Originally posted by blahblah
    I think that the 2-1/16" are more popular but sometimes you can cut out a little so that it will fit a 60mm
    Careful, that's a full 8mm (5/16") in diameter you're clearing out. Make sure there's that much room, and allowance for a clamp!

(Just looked at your profile: You're not quite 16, and hopin' for a WRX! Be real careful with that as a first car!)

Steve - Avon, Ohio, USA - Moderator - Fun Drives and North Central States
    The Morris Garage
    2008 Outback 2.5XT Ltd __2002 WRX Wagon __ 1958 MGA Roadster __ 2008 smart Cabrio __ and a few scooters...

I will be but sadly i might have to wait a lil while before i get it. I have to get straight A's to get it and straight A's to keep it.

Originally posted by pimp20g
    Do you have any pics?? I want to get a setup like that and i am wondering how the fitment is. Particularly where the dash and the A-Pillar meet.
    I don't have any picture. It fits really good. Quality is A+. The fitment is some what based on how careful you are with drilling the holes in your a-pillar...if the hole is off, then the screws will pull the pod toward the hole. My advise:
    1) place a piece of masking tape near the area that you'll be drilling, both locations.
    2) install the a-pillar gauge unit into place.
    3) use the screw and insert it into the holes. Make sure it goes in straight, when it hit the tape, the screw will make a mark.
    4) remove the a-pillar guage unit
    5) use the mark to drill the hole.
    6) attached unit to a-pillar and finish off with gauge installations.

Honestly, the factory turbo boost gauge looks pretty cheezy.... does anyone else think the same way?

yes. that this is big as a quarter. I almost traded my wing in for the gauge package. I'm glad that I didn't.

I just finished my custom 52mm column mount for my boost. I'll try to take some pics and post this weekend. I'll also try to post my a-pillar.

blitz dtt rules, TT and boost guage
    Quote Originally Posted by DTR rex

Peter North > *

I personally still like the Autometer boost gauge. Pretty straight forward design, easy to read and last a long time. I'm open to any other suggestion though, wish I could compare them side by side..

Does anyone have the photos on boost gauges?

I like the Blitz boost gauges. Especially the ones with blacklights. I forgot exactly what they are called but they are pretty easy to find. The only thing i dont like about them is that they only come in 60mm size

Does anyone have trouble with their autometer gauges. I have heard from some people that they have trouble with theirs, but have heard that they are great from others. BTW i was looking at the Autometer "ultra-light" gauges. What would you guys recomend as 3 good gauges to have if im not gonna be using the car mostly as a street car. I was thinking boost guage (obvious) EGT and im not sure what else. Any suggestions would be great

I would do Oil pressure.
    2004 STi

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.