Owner's manual for a Blitz FATT turbo timer?

This is a discussion on Owner's manual for a Blitz FATT turbo timer? within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; I recently purchased an 02 WRX that already had a turbo timer installed, the one in the subject line. I ...

Owner's manual for a Blitz FATT turbo timer?

I recently purchased an 02 WRX that already had a turbo timer installed, the one in the subject line. I replaced the battery the other day and the settings got lost, and now I have no idea how to get it back to A-H and stay there. I can make it show up, but without the manual I'm not sure how to save the setting into memory. Right now the car will shut off with no turbo timer working, the thing stays at 0.00 all the time. I've also read there's some other features built into this thing, I just can't find a manual anywhere on the net.

Thanks for the help,
    Sam

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I am in the same boat - bought a used TT, and the same thing happend to me - anyone have this manual???
    - DC
    "Let me never be accused of standing between a Charlestonian and his drink" - J. Kuhn

Wish us both luck, I've had very little with replies to my questions on this forum.

I'll try to find mine. I think it is in my car. Do you want the Chinese/Japanese/Vietnamese???? instructions too?

driverj - i am starting from scratch - i bought mine used, and have it installed, but dont know how to program the thing. I can read none of the above languages - english spanish and portuguese only. Anything you can come up with (basic programming instructions) would kick posterior......
    - DC
    "Let me never be accused of standing between a Charlestonian and his drink" - J. Kuhn

I can only read the English version, I might be able to pick through the Spanish, but none of the other languages. However, if you want to post them be my guest. Now, what can you tell me about the Greddy Profec B Spec II?

EBC - good for the price, simple to use, but i got some boost creep in mine after long periods on the throttle. Solenoid is big and and PITA to mount cleanly, but for an entry-level EBC, it works really well. I miss being able to switch boost levels on the fly, and its a lot easier than tuning it by drivng, pop hood, fiddle, drive, pop hood fiddle, etc, etc...
    - DC

Ahh, you have some knowledge on this, I was just joking when I asked. I haven't installed mine yet and I'm still unclear as to which diagram applies to my car. I believe there are three in the manual. Do you remember?

Thanks,
    Sam

I have the DTT...will it help?
    I think i have the same feature...let me know!

edit..well..we might have some similar features...but the guy below me has the info!...god, people on this forum are great!
    Last edited by SWRX; 04-28-2004 at 09:29 PM.

Things you can do with FATT

Blitz FATT DC

Purple Wire – Connect to Ground or hand brake
    Black Wire – Connect to Ground
    Red Wire – Connect to 12 volt constant
    Green Wire – Connect to ignition wire
    Blue Wire – Connect to Secondary ignition or Accessory wire

Features:

Auto Timer, Manual Timer, Temperature, Battery Voltage, Stop Watch, 5 Lap Times

Warning:

1. Double check all wire connections. Avoid all plastic or painted surface for ground wire. Bad ground may cause poor actuation of TT and cause the breakdown of the product.

2. Actuation of Air Conditioner
    * Depending on the types of automobile, extremely large electric current may flow and cause breakdown of the TT when the TT and A/C is simultaneously actuated. Be sure to turn-off the A/C when the TT is actuated.

Install:

1. Remove lower instrument panel
    2. Locate the key ignition coupler.
    3. Pull out starter coupler and connect the genuine blitz TT harness (sold separately) into the starter coupler.
    4. Connect the TT harness to the 3 pin connector
    5. Connect the 3 pin harness to the 4 pin harness
    6. Ground all black wires. Ground should be metallic portion and avoid painted surfaces.
    7. The purple wire should be grounded or hooked up to the hand brake.
    • Important: If the parking brake wire is not grounded by either the parking brake or wire ground, the TT will automatically shut off when the key is taken out.

Description of Modes:

1. Automatic Timer A – When the FATT DC is turned on, the Auto Timer mode will be activated. The “Timer A” will be displayed.

To set the minimum time of the auto timer, press the MINUTE button once and the screen will flash. Then press the SECOND button to set the base time between 0 to 50 seconds.

** When A appears, the Auto Timer function is activated. Press the MINUTE button on the Temperature or Battery Voltage display to turn the Automatic Timer on or off. Make sure that the letter A appears. The A means Auto Timer is activated.

THERE are 4 different auto timer modes. Press the MINUTE button twice when in Automatic Timer Mode. The auto timer modes will go as follows:
    • A – H → A – S → E – L → E – H → A – L

Press the SECOND button to switch between the modes.

• A – L mode – Low Setting - will start to calculate time to automatic function mode after 1800 rpm.
    • A – H mode – Medium Setting - will start to calculate time to automatic function mode after 1200 rpm.
    • A – S mode – High Setting – will start to calculate time to automatic function mode after 900 rpm.
    • E – L mode will add time according to how long the ignition has been on. Roughly 55 minutes per hour.
    • E – H mode will add time according to how long the ignition has been on roughly 130 minutes per hour.

2. MANUAL TIMER

Press the POWER button twice to get to the manual timer mode. The screen will display “TIMER”. There will not be an A visible.

To set the time of the manual timer, press the MINUTE button to set the number of minutes you want the car to idle after the vehicle has been shut off. Press the SECOND button to set the number of seconds desired. You can choose idling times between 1 to 10 minutes.

**To activate the manual timer, go to the BATTERY or TEMPERATURE display and press the MINUTE button. Make sure the letter A does not appear.

When the unit is first turned on, press the POWER button three times to display the TEMP mode. The temperature sensor is in the control module. The Temp is displayed in Celsius ONLY.

**The Temp is accurate depending on where the module is placed

I think the rest would be self explanatory.

More things you can do with FATT

Contrast

When the FATT DC is turned off, the user can adjust the contrast by pressing the MINUTE button and SECOND button. The user can adjust the illumination between 0 to 100.

Bar Display

When the TT is on Auto Timer E mode, the user can have different bar displays. In order to do this, select E - H or E - L mode in the Auto Timer setting when the E mode is activated, the Bar Display will move side to side.

To change the Bar display, press the SECOND button down for 3 seconds and the display will change. There will be 4 possible displays. 3 of the displays will be automatically moving and the fourth according to vehicle ignition pulse.

** This automatic back and forth function only works on the E mode of the Auto Timer setting.

A and B switch

There is a switch on the control module. A is for most vehicle applications. The B switch is for vehicles with low ignition pulses.

Seriously, you have truly saved my a$$ - thanks a ton!!!
    - DC

Thanks to all who posted the info, should help me get this thing working again. Everything I'm reading is stuff I tried (to get it back in auto mode) so hopefully I can get it working again, right now I can only make the manual mode work.

Impresam - i am not sure of the diagram in the instructions, but the way it works is such.

The solenoid has and IN and OUT, and then the wire running back to the control module.
    From the Turbo - there is a 90degree bend metal pipe that supples pressure to the solenoid - this is what the IN hose hooks to. The OUT hose goes to the wastegate actuator (gold can w/ arm) The easiest way to see it is to look at the factory tee. The hose (of the T crossmember) that goes toward the midline of the car comes from the turbo, and the one that comes from the gold can is your OUT hose. I dont have mine on the car anymore, but if you just look at them, or want to post a pic of the stock setup, i will copy it and doctor the hoses with lables for you.
    - DC

Very much appreciated, when I actually get some time I'll finally install the Profec B, cat back, and ECU piggyback. Then I might get more than .5 bar and enjoy the car a little more.

Sam