Aftermarket Alarm/Starter
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on Aftermarket Alarm/Starter within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Hey, I'm looking for a nice 2-way alarm with the LCD screen on the keychain deal. I want a combo ...

Aftermarket Alarm/Starter

Hey, I'm looking for a nice 2-way alarm with the LCD screen on the keychain deal. I want a combo alarm/remote starter and the starter has to work with a manual transmission. I was really interested in a Clifford Matrix 3.5 but I found out it doesn't start manual cars. Is there a way to modify it so it will start a manual trans? The only alarm I have come across like the one I want is a Mannix alarm but haven't heard much about them. Any help would be appreciated.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

The clifford will start manual cars......most shops won't install them on a manual because of liability concerns.....ie, you leave it in gear......go to start your car.....and go through a wall.....
    vendeta2k
    Accessport + COBB SF Intake = BEST MOD EVAR!!!!!

The matrix 3.5 is a great alarm/remote start system. I've had it for about a month now, and with the wrx you can wire it up so if the car is in gear it won't let you remote start it. Do this along with a nice lil switch that turns off your remote start and you should have a fool-proof remote start system.

If you need anymore help search over on nasioc for posts by netz, he's awesome with the alarms and basically mapped out my install for me.

The WRX has a neutral sensor in the tranny. If you wire it up right, it won't start unless the car is in neutral. I doubt you'll find a shop that will do it for you though...so you'll probably hve it wire it yourself.

I have the wiring diagrams if you need to see the neutral sensor circuit.
    2003 WRB Sedan. Mods & Pics

Quote Originally Posted by scooby-x
    OMG!!! Do you want me on my knees or bent over? I love you

I have a Lynx 2-way alarm w/ remote start. I've had it almost a year now and its been pretty good. I had a local stereo/alarm shop install it for me. No complaints from me. The range is great and I love the 2-way system because even though I might not be able to hear the alarm going off I still get paged

Oh... and the best part is the look on people's faces when the car starts

thanks for the props!

the clifford rsx3.5 is a fine unit, so is the viper 791xv and the python 881xp. they are essentially the same unit except different lcd remotes and some cosmetic differences.

netZ

Originally posted by newWRXfan
    The matrix 3.5 is a great alarm/remote start system. I've had it for about a month now, and with the wrx you can wire it up so if the car is in gear it won't let you remote start it. Do this along with a nice lil switch that turns off your remote start and you should have a fool-proof remote start system.

If you need anymore help search over on nasioc for posts by netz, he's awesome with the alarms and basically mapped out my install for me.

Originally posted by Hot_Dog
    The WRX has a neutral sensor in the tranny. If you wire it up right, it won't start unless the car is in neutral. I doubt you'll find a shop that will do it for you though...so you'll probably hve it wire it yourself.

I have the wiring diagrams if you need to see the neutral sensor circuit.
    Can you email me diagrams and any extra pics if you have any? Also of the clutch bypass? I have a Clifford rsx3.5 and the alarm shop wouldn't install remote start because of liability.

I have the clifford Solaris and have it set up so I can start it if I activate a safety before I turn the car off. .... I have a manual trans too. The guy at the shop was a friend of a friends though....

I'm looking at the Compustar 2WSS. Again, it's a matter of finding someone to install the remote start on a manual car. I plan to just get the security system for now. The remote start is not a big deal to me.
    - F r a n z
    Bucky with teh lime powah!

I am going to a local alarm shop today and getting some prices on the compustar top of the line model with the remote starter. I also want 2 motion sensors, and LED lightbar on the mirror and the flashing blue lights in my head/taillights. Will the Compustar support all of these features and how much should I expect to pay?

There's a fair amount of additional modules for the Compustar. You can find out on http://www.compustar.org
    and I'm sure the shop will be able to tell you more. Once I get my car, I'll be getting a pretty good deal on a 2WSS since I have connections. I think the Compustar starter and alarm combo retails for $600 maybe? It's worth it though. A friend of mine loves his Compustar alarm/starter combo.
    - F r a n z
    Bucky with teh lime powah!

I just stopped in the alarm place today and he said it would be no more than $600 for the top of the line Compustar including install. I asked him about a proximety sensor and he said it would be another $80 and he said I really don't need it because the shock sensor is really sensitive. I also asked about the LED scanner deal on the dash and he said that would be like $45 extra. What do you guys think about the proximety sensor? I want to get one because the a$$holes at my school like to mess with people's cars and maybe this would scare them away. $80 vs. $300 to fix the car if they key it. I still like the idea of it but if I get that and the LED it will cost over $700 which is big $. I guess it is worth it since the stereo is worth a lot of money it it though.

any idea how much would a basic alarm / auto start system cost me???

how is the suby alarm you can get from the dealer? if i want auto start i would better off not getting this probably, right?

IMO the stock Subaru alarm is a piece of garbage. The shock sensor is not sensitive enough. If you want a basic remote start I think it will run around $150, but if it is manual trans it will cost a little more. If you want the top of the line remote start/alarm be prepared for around $600 like me.

yeah i would need a 5sp remote start. so i could probably get a aftermarket alarm / remote start for around $300-400 installed then.

i don't want a highend alarm, imo if a theif really wants it he'll get it.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.