Windshield vibrating???

This is a discussion on Windshield vibrating??? within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; For anyone who has a system in their car, have you noticed a vibrating noise coming from the windshield ? ...

Windshield vibrating???

For anyone who has a system in their car, have you noticed a vibrating noise coming from the windshield ?
    I was smoking a cigarette outside with my car running and radio playing (I don't smoke in the rex) and noticed an obnoxious noise coming from the front windshield. I know it is not the wipers and I was thinking it was the little black plastic strip coming down from the headliner to the rearveiw, but I can't pinpoint the sound. It comes from the corners, middle, center, ect of the windshield. I alway heard a rattle inside the car and just said it was my rearveiw but this is the same noise and can be heard outside, even with the windows up . Does anyone elses car do this?

It is beyond me how fast and how much these car's rattle. I had a custom system in my truck that I used to take to local DB drag racing comps. The truck hit 146+ Dbs constantly no problem. I had that system in the truck for three years and it never even developed close to the amount of vibration and rattles this car has gotten in the 8 meer months I have owned it !! I'm only pushing one 12" Kicker Comp VR in a sealed enclosure with a small 2 channel RF amp. I had 4 12" Kicker Solo Barics in custom seperate sealed enclosures with two amps pushing in a extended cab Dodge Ram (no Dyna mat of foam at all, the Dodge Ram is a system truck all the way)! I just think that is nuts!

--Jay--

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I have this problem as well.
    Jordan Koch
    2003 Black WRX Sedan 5 speed
    http://www.digitalnoise.net/kochj

I don't have a WRX yet, but I'll be putting in a system. But, I just got 36 square feet of Dynamat Xtreme which should help. I'm hitting 135 with two 10" subs, sealed up at the dash on a TermLab. Probably a few dB higher if I metered for outlaw.
    - F r a n z
    Bucky with teh lime powah!

I don't have a WRX yet, but I'll be putting in a system.
    I can tell you that the problems that I ran into with my '03 WRX are:

- The rear deck/window area rattles *constantly* when bass hits.
    - The front windshield rattles when the stereo is up.
    - The trunk lid did rattle and I put Dynamat Extreme on it and now I can't use the in-car trunk opener because the trunk lid now weighs too much.
    Jordan Koch
    2003 Black WRX Sedan 5 speed
    http://www.digitalnoise.net/kochj

You sure it's not the VIN plate, I had that problem with mine until I did this.....

Silencing the VIN Plate / Defroster Panel rattle
    -Rob
    02 WRX

If you have an autodimming mirror/compass check the connectors on the back. They sometimes buzz for me when I have the tunes cranked.