Windshield vibrating???
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Windshield vibrating??? within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; For anyone who has a system in their car, have you noticed a vibrating noise coming from the windshield ? ...

Windshield vibrating???

For anyone who has a system in their car, have you noticed a vibrating noise coming from the windshield ?
    I was smoking a cigarette outside with my car running and radio playing (I don't smoke in the rex) and noticed an obnoxious noise coming from the front windshield. I know it is not the wipers and I was thinking it was the little black plastic strip coming down from the headliner to the rearveiw, but I can't pinpoint the sound. It comes from the corners, middle, center, ect of the windshield. I alway heard a rattle inside the car and just said it was my rearveiw but this is the same noise and can be heard outside, even with the windows up . Does anyone elses car do this?

It is beyond me how fast and how much these car's rattle. I had a custom system in my truck that I used to take to local DB drag racing comps. The truck hit 146+ Dbs constantly no problem. I had that system in the truck for three years and it never even developed close to the amount of vibration and rattles this car has gotten in the 8 meer months I have owned it !! I'm only pushing one 12" Kicker Comp VR in a sealed enclosure with a small 2 channel RF amp. I had 4 12" Kicker Solo Barics in custom seperate sealed enclosures with two amps pushing in a extended cab Dodge Ram (no Dyna mat of foam at all, the Dodge Ram is a system truck all the way)! I just think that is nuts!

--Jay--

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I have this problem as well.
    Jordan Koch
    2003 Black WRX Sedan 5 speed
    http://www.digitalnoise.net/kochj

I don't have a WRX yet, but I'll be putting in a system. But, I just got 36 square feet of Dynamat Xtreme which should help. I'm hitting 135 with two 10" subs, sealed up at the dash on a TermLab. Probably a few dB higher if I metered for outlaw.
    - F r a n z
    Bucky with teh lime powah!

I don't have a WRX yet, but I'll be putting in a system.
    I can tell you that the problems that I ran into with my '03 WRX are:

- The rear deck/window area rattles *constantly* when bass hits.
    - The front windshield rattles when the stereo is up.
    - The trunk lid did rattle and I put Dynamat Extreme on it and now I can't use the in-car trunk opener because the trunk lid now weighs too much.
    Jordan Koch
    2003 Black WRX Sedan 5 speed
    http://www.digitalnoise.net/kochj

You sure it's not the VIN plate, I had that problem with mine until I did this.....

Silencing the VIN Plate / Defroster Panel rattle
    -Rob
    02 WRX

If you have an autodimming mirror/compass check the connectors on the back. They sometimes buzz for me when I have the tunes cranked.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.