Remove front door panel with window up??

This is a discussion on Remove front door panel with window up?? within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; I just had tint installed yesterday but noticed a small hair near the very bottom of the window. I think ...

Remove front door panel with window up??

I just had tint installed yesterday but noticed a small hair near the very bottom of the window. I think I might be able to pull it out from the bottom, but I need to take off the door panel. The only thing is, all the instructions say you have to lower the window before taking off the panel. But I can't lower my window for 5 days because of the tint. So what I need to know is, is it possible to take off this panel with the window up?

My Mods

"The most important mod is the one behind the steering wheel" - Koyokid RIP

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

That's news to me. I removed the panel with the window up just fine. Assuming we're talking about the same thing.

Maybe it just makes it easier to pull off the top part of the panel since you can get your fingers in there.

Just be really careful with the bezel around the door handle. It's easily broken.

cool, I will be pulling it off during my lunch break hopefully I can get this piece of hair out, if not just have to take it back and get it fixed. No big deal, just would rather not take the long trip back to the tint place.

My Mods

"The most important mod is the one behind the steering wheel" - Koyokid RIP

cnk
    I never heard of not being able to lower your windows for 5 days after getting tint before. I got my windows tinted last year and lowered them the same day. No problems whatsoever.

Calvin

I Support ClubWRX
    I've taken the door panels off dozens of times to mess with my stereo speakers and never needed to lower the window to get them off. I've noticed that putting them back on is much easier with the window down, but isn't necessary...
    '03 WRX
    '01 2.5RS
    MODS | PICS | Dyno
    "Stuff sold by the gram is always going to be more exciting than stuff sold by the pound." - Jeremy Clarkson