what's a good cloth for the interior
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on what's a good cloth for the interior within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Ever since I got my car I've been trying to find a way to keep the dash lint and dust ...

what's a good cloth for the interior

Ever since I got my car I've been trying to find a way to keep the dash lint and dust free but it's been pretty difficult. So far I've tried terry clothes and armorall wipes. Just about all cloths leave lint behind or are too abrasive and the wipes leave residue behind.
    is there anything that lightly moisturizes the dash but doesn't leave a lot of shinyness behind?
    03 wrx
    karboy ss/bushings, blitz dtt, catless, prodrive axleback

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

tan
    I use 3M vinyl cleaner/protectant.

I use a swifter to dust my dash

Good microfiber towels work best, once a week dusting damp with water. Those California Dusters are nice little products too.

Treating with a quality protectant once/month will keep your dash looking good forever. Please note, Armor All and it's replica products do NOT qualify as quality products.

I use meguiars #40 vinyl and rubber protectant.......works good, not shiny at all.....and I use it with cheesecloth to prevent fuzzies from staying behind.
    vendeta2k
    Accessport + COBB SF Intake = BEST MOD EVAR!!!!!

Originally posted by glepko
    Good microfiber towels work best, once a week dusting damp with water. Those California Dusters are nice little products too.

Treating with a quality protectant once/month will keep your dash looking good forever. Please note, Armor All and it's replica products do NOT qualify as quality products.
    thanks for the good info guys. What are the better products that can be used on the interior. I don't really know of any in particular that are considered the best.
    03 wrx
    karboy ss/bushings, blitz dtt, catless, prodrive axleback

Originally posted by jungdragon
    thanks for the good info guys. What are the better products that can be used on the interior. I don't really know of any in particular that are considered the best.
    The 3M and Meguiar's products mentioned are both very good. Aerospace 303 protectant is one of my favorites. Vinylex is very good if you like the shiny look, it's one of the shinier quality protectants.

Most of the good ones aren't typically off the shelf products, Vinylex can be found at some auto part chains. Look up David Bynon's auto care site for more info, I'll put up a link this evening.

Here you go ...click me.... more car care info than any normal human can handle! Good thing those who drive the WRX are not usually normal

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.