Gauge install parts/questions.
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Gauge install parts/questions. within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; ok...i have my Autometer Sport Comp series gauges in Boost and Oil Pressure. My EGT is backordered right now. I ...

Question Gauge install parts/questions.

ok...i have my Autometer Sport Comp series gauges in Boost and Oil Pressure. My EGT is backordered right now.

I will be installing them in my Autometer A-pillar.

Do the gauges come with everything I need to install? I looked at them and read the directions but i'm not super sure. I want to make sure I have all my parts and pieces before I do all the installs.

I have all the tools...i think if not, i can get them..just wanted to make sure there aren't any little things i need...like T-connectors, washers, etc.

i'm a newbie on gauge installs hehe

thanks.

~V

edit: for blatant typos! ack! hehe
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    http://www.chumpmonkeygames.com
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Houston, TX / Athens, GA -at the same time!
    I Support ClubWRX
    you should have everything u need to do the boost gauge install. i dunno about the oil press one though, but i hink you should be fine.

dont forget, the autometer egt doesn't come w/ a probe, you hafta order it along or seperatly with the egt gauge. alot of ppl reccomend the westach egt probe, which seems to be much more sturdy than the autometer one (and its cheaper too, i think)
    that should be all u need

of course you will need those T-fittings to tap into the bov line for your boost gauge.
    Silver 911
    WRX's older brother

I only have the AM boost guage (so far), but end the end I scraped the crapy tubing and connectors they give you and went out and bought actual RUBBER tubing that is long enough to reach and bought the brass peices to put together a good quality brass 'T'. I even used a brass barbed connector on the back of the guage itself instead of the crush fittings they supplied.

You can do it with what they give you, but it's worth a trip to the hardware store for some better materials IMO.
    2002 Midnight Black WRX - EJ22 w/ VF30 and all the other stuff to go with it...

***ATTN: Speed Kills! Drive a Honda and live FOREVER. ***

Houston, TX / Athens, GA -at the same time!
    I Support ClubWRX
    i've been using the thin hard plastic tubing autometer supplies, along w/ a plastic T, and havnt had any probs at all. originally i thought the plastic tubing would melt b/c it gets so hot aroundthere, but i havnt seen any problems yet, and the gauge is quite accurate and steady.
    maybe it'll wear in the long run

but be careful!! in chosing what size rubber tubing you get to replace AM's plastic crap. the hoses sometimes expand or are too large in diameter to project a consistent amount to provide an accurate reading for the gauge.
    Silver 911
    WRX's older brother

Oil Pressure Gauge install...

been having some problems installing the oil presurre gauge on my wrx. it's a autometer oil pressure gauge with all needed hardware and instructions.

any tips/pictures on this install?
    anything will help greatly~

mike

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.