Defi Controller- "custom" mounted - Page 2
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

This is a discussion on Defi Controller- "custom" mounted within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; how am i gonna get that through? They are gonna think its a knife or something....

how am i gonna get that through? They are gonna think its a knife or something.
    My Car is 100% STOCK!
    Pics

Originally posted by platano
    At 14???
    shoot , I'd hit it at current age, on roof of the car, with cousin driving , neighbor and town priest in the back seat, and that kid from "N.Korea" riding shotgun.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Any rubbing issues moving your seat forwards and backwards?
    "I don't think he knows how to give up. His mind and machine are racing as one." -Takahashi Ryosuke

Originally posted by Trailboss
    Any rubbing issues moving your seat forwards and backwards?
    None at all
    My Car is 100% STOCK!
    Pics

At 14???
    shoot , I'd hit it at current age, on roof of the car, with cousin driving , neighbor and town priest in the back seat, and that kid from "N.Korea" riding shotgun.

I would have double face foam taped it where you have it instead of the bracket. It would stick forever and you wouldn't see the bracket. You just have to clean both surfaces with alcohol before you stick them together and they will stick very well.

I put mine in the glove box since I don't mess with it frequently.
    2002 KY Region Solo II Rookie of the Year
    2003 KY Region Solo II Driver of the Year

Originally posted by Silver Bullet1
    I would have double face foam taped it where you have it instead of the bracket. It would stick forever and you wouldn't see the bracket. You just have to clean both surfaces with alcohol before you stick them together and they will stick very well.

I put mine in the glove box since I don't mess with it frequently.
    tried it, and it wouldnt stick. I used every kind of double sided foam tape from 3m regular, to exterior tape. And yes, i used 3m surface prep beofre hand. I wanted to use double sided tape, but it didnt work.
    My Car is 100% STOCK!
    Pics

At 14???

I used the double sided foam tape to hold mine into my glove box and it hasn't moved in over a year.
    2002 KY Region Solo II Rookie of the Year
    2003 KY Region Solo II Driver of the Year

thats because the surface on the console is different and doesn't take well to having things stuck on it.
    My Car is 100% STOCK!
    Pics

At 14???

Boosted, why did you decide not to go this route?:
    Defi Link owners....
    After 5 months of being backordered, my link tach and indicator light is coming next week so I can FINALLY start install. I'm still contaplateing putting the ecu in the dash like tetzs'. The only problem is I cant find an install shop that has the balls to do it, so if its going to get done, its going to be by me. Considering I have no experiance in custom fab. , I will prolly be going your route

Also, what did you tap into for power considering where you mounted the ecu? I know the popular place is the clock but I seems to me the power cable for the ecu is to short...
    Last edited by SuperSubie81; 03-05-2004 at 12:26 PM.

crap, o.k, one more question , I've heard that the T fitting that comes with the link boost gauge is the wrong size. If I already have the factory boost gauge(which im taking out) can I use the exisiting T fitting with no problems?
    Thanks,
    Justin

Originally posted by SuperSubie81
    Boosted, why did you decide not to go this route?:
    Defi Link owners....
    After 5 months of being backordered, my link tach and indicator light is coming next week so I can FINALLY start install. I'm still contaplateing putting the ecu in the dash like tetzs'. The only problem is I cant find an install shop that has the balls to do it, so if its going to get done, its going to be by me. Considering I have no experiance in custom fab. , I will prolly be going your route

Also, what did you tap into for power considering where you mounted the ecu? I know the popular place is the clock but I seems to me the power cable for the ecu is to short...
    I didnt do that because im not in the mood for hacking up my dash, which is what you need to do to get it in there. And i did tap into the clock, i just lengthened the wires.
    My Car is 100% STOCK!
    Pics

At 14???

Originally posted by SuperSubie81
    crap, o.k, one more question , I've heard that the T fitting that comes with the link boost gauge is the wrong size. If I already have the factory boost gauge(which im taking out) can I use the exisiting T fitting with no problems?
    Thanks,
    Justin
    Worked fine for me . Yeah you should be able to use the stock one- just throw some zipties on there for security.
    My Car is 100% STOCK!
    Pics

At 14???

mine was installed in place of the ashtray...looks like it belongs there, perfect fit
    2004 R32: 220 whp

For Sale: 2003 wrx
    376 whp @ 22 psi, 93 octane

Pics:
    http://www.cardomain.com/id/badassrex

Originally posted by BassMan097
    mine was installed in place of the ashtray...looks like it belongs there, perfect fit
    do you have pics?
    My Car is 100% STOCK!
    Pics

At 14???

I used to have them on my cardomain site, but I dont anymore. If you're interested I can take some this weekend...
    2004 R32: 220 whp

For Sale: 2003 wrx
    376 whp @ 22 psi, 93 octane

Pics:
    http://www.cardomain.com/id/badassrex

Originally posted by BassMan097
    I used to have them on my cardomain site, but I dont anymore. If you're interested I can take some this weekend...
    Yes, Please.
    My Car is 100% STOCK!
    Pics

At 14???

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.