JDM Sti Spec C seats vs. V7/V8 seats
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on JDM Sti Spec C seats vs. V7/V8 seats within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Are they any different? I know the v7 is a little more snug than the v8, and the Spec C ...

bri

JDM Sti Spec C seats vs. V7/V8 seats

Are they any different? I know the v7 is a little more snug than the v8, and the Spec C being in 03 models I would think it is identical to the v8. Thanks.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I thought the Spec C seats were just like the Evo RS seats, as in they are not the sport seat type.

Lemme know if I am wrong.
    Lets talk about left and right. You're right, I left.

bri
    what do you mean non-sport seat? they look like the sti v8 seats with black section between the legs, i just don't know if the side bolsters are the same

Originally posted by bri
    what do you mean non-sport seat? they look like the sti v8 seats with black section between the legs, i just don't know if the side bolsters are the same
    Oops, my bad. I was thinking that the Spec C carried the same interior type stuff as the RS(non Recaros, etc..)
    Lets talk about left and right. You're right, I left.

bri
    that's the pic i'm finding on sites... ppl are telling me spec c are the same as v8 seats

Originally posted by bri
    that's the pic i'm finding on sites... ppl are telling me spec c are the same as v8 seats

Okay, clarification. The Spec C seats are more or less the same as the 2004 WRX seats, but they have different covers on them (blue ecsaine with black insert between legs). The version 8 seats that everyone has in their STi are new this year, and are larger with smaller side bolsters (designed for fatty fat fats).

~Tim

bri
    this is the current info i have
    *spec c are the same as 2003 JDM STi V8, narrower than usdm, has black bolster between the legs
    *spec c and v8 are not same as 2002 JDM STi V7
    *2004 USDM STi V8 are the same as 2004 USDM WRX except for fabric. these are much wider than any version JDM seat. no usdm seat has the center bolster between the legs.

i can verify the last one because i've had both seats and seen pics of them being measured against each other. i just need distinction between the jdm seats and have heard from a couple people attesting to the first point. since that's the case, i'm going to go ahead and buy the spec c seats.

xspudx your avatar is ****n awsome

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.