6X9 Speaker Boxes

This is a discussion on 6X9 Speaker Boxes within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; I was thinking instead of ripping the doors apart trying to install speakers what if I put 2 6X9 speaker ...

6X9 Speaker Boxes

I was thinking instead of ripping the doors apart trying to install speakers what if I put 2 6X9 speaker boxes in the back window? Or would they be too big and block your view? Is there somewhere else I could put them?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I know a guy that did this in his old-school cavalier. I didn't really get a good chance to listen to any difference, but all you need to do is make a small enclosure for each 6X9. I also think it might help to add polyfill as well. You should be able to do it without hindering visibility.
    - F r a n z
    Bucky with teh lime powah!

walmart carries such an animal for like 20$ a pair.

if you suck at box building, espescially cutting ovals, you might wanna take a look at least.
    I hate my WRX's stock horn....

If I do buy these do you have any idea where I cound fit them? I was looking at the back window but I realized the boxes are too big and I wouldn't be able to see out of my mirror. I was thinking maybe under the front seats?