val 1 radar detector questions..

This is a discussion on val 1 radar detector questions.. within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Lets say there was a cop parked getting in his car in a parking lot ready to resume patrol after ...

val 1 radar detector questions..

Lets say there was a cop parked getting in his car in a parking lot ready to resume patrol after he grabbed his donuts. I drive by him 50 mph. will the val 1 detect that before i drive by him or does the cop have to have the laser thingy aimed for potential speeders, because most cops can tell you're breaking speed limit just by visual. Basically, without interference, can i detect all cops and highway patrol even when their intention isn't to look for speeders (ie. minding their own business, eating donuts etc..)

oh and anyone selling Val 1 for hella good price?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I've got a V1, the V1 will only alert if the cop has his radar on. Keep in mind also that's if it's only you on the road and the cop has his radar off, and turns it on when he has visual the detector will go off but it will be too late. The whole idea is that the detector pics up the radar scan of the cop tracking other cars when you are far enough to slow down. The new radar guns are really good.

i dont have a v1, but i have a beltronics which is just as good i think. basically my rule of thumb for speeding is speed when there are cars up ahead speeding also. dont speed on a backroad late at nite, you being the only car...no radar detector is going to save you here..if the cop shoots you with instant on radar you are screwed. at least if a cop is instant on radaring on the highway you will get little blips on the detector from him radaring people up ahead. usually cops radaring on the highway with continuous on radar will be detectable for sometimes up to a mile or so...i usually can get cops anywhere from 45 to 60 seconds before i pass them with my beltronics. BE CAREFUL! and dont expect the radar detector to be your only resource, check out how other people are driving, and look around for cops!

There is no detector offered that will detect any police officer. A radar detector will detect any radar signals, this is why it is possible to get false alarms. Radar detectors work by "seeing" the radar signals that are bouncing off of other things around you. This is the same reason radar detectors are bad at warning you from laser. Laser is a concentrated beam, so it will rarely deflect of another vehicle and bounce into your detectors range. So basically, if you get a laser alert on your detector, its because the officer tagged you already.
    www.awdpirates.net

svc
    My passport 8500 actually detects cops, even when they're not speed trapping. It seems most of the cops around here drive with their radar guns on, so even if they're just cruising along it picks them up from a mile away. Muwahahahah
    sammAy!

Those lasers mean business. I've been lazed three or four times now. In each case my V1 would have done nothing... it was either a warning from another driver or my own visual scanning that helped me avoid a ticket.

Used to be all the police around here would leave their radar on all the time. Those that still have the older radar will do that, but laser is moving into the area and becoming more prevalent. Which means the V1 is getting less useful.

AFAIK laser only works if the cop is stopped, so they have to be on an overpass or on the side of the road. For that reason I'm not too worried about radar detectors becoming obsolete. You just have to pay attention to what's going on around you.