DVD-Nav + Mobile TV...
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on DVD-Nav + Mobile TV... within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Ok, this is what I am thinking here, correct me if it is not possible, please... First off, this is ...

DVD-Nav + Mobile TV...

Ok, this is what I am thinking here, correct me if it is not possible, please...

First off, this is the in-dash dvd-nav system I am considering at this time...

Pioneer Nav-Sys910dvd

Anyone have this model, any feedback on reliability, features etc?

Secondly, I am thinking I might like in-motion tv (digital). Like a digital satellite connection. The only system I can find that might work looks pretty big, but flat - so you might be able to hide it. I was thinking this would be perfect, mounted under my trunk lid. However, Im not sure that would work. Anyone have any experience with in-motion satellite tv?

Here is the unit, its not out yet - but figured someone here musta thought of this already...

Motosat

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I like Pioneer head units in general. That particular one looks nice. As for satellite, I don't think it would work if it was inside the trunk under the trunk lid. I'm pretty sure the metal of the lid would block the signal. So, can I follow you to imprezafest since you won't get lost with that DVD navigation? lol
    - F r a n z
    Bucky with teh lime powah!

Ya, I was thinking the same thing about the mobile dish. Cant wait til they come out with something a bit more out of sight, out of mind.

sorry thought you were talking about xm radio, disregard this post.
    2004 STi
    Silver/Silver

I'd also consider the Pioneer AVIC-N1...due out in a couple months, that things is going to be ill. You can navigate and use the DVD/CD player, etc. at the same time because it stores your navi info in memory...plus it gives you vehicle dynamics. Check it out : www.avic-n1.com

I'm not sure where I'd put that Sat. antenna....
    4 tires...a motor...a couple doors I think...I'd have to check.

Oh, I didnt realize you couldnt listen to a cd and navigate at the same time. Thats good to know, thanks.

Originally posted by Th3Franz
    I As for satellite, I don't think it would work if it was inside the trunk under the trunk lid. I'm pretty sure the metal of the lid would block the signal. lol
    I agree. For any type of satelite reception you always want the highest point possible with no obstructions.
    2002 WRX Sedan-Silver
    Turbo XS UTEC Stage IV (VF34)+TMIC, STI RA gears, Exedy clutch/flywheel

Originally posted by Salient
    Oh, I didnt realize you couldnt listen to a cd and navigate at the same time. Thats good to know, thanks.
    Well with the existing unit I'm not sure if you can or not...it is two separate systems though, it has a Nav unit, and a DVD player, so you probably can...the reason this one is special that it can do both is that its a 1-din unit...not that DIN space is all that important in Imprezas as we have 3 available to us
    4 tires...a motor...a couple doors I think...I'd have to check.

I have heard that the newest Pioneer unit - the 1din, AVIC-N1 will not be making a March debut. However, my contact is semi-reliable at best.

That said, what about some of the Eclipse or Kenwood units? I dont mind a 2 din unit, and really want the dual function/same time use of the nav system and the cd player.

Any thoughts?

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.