stock speaker size
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on stock speaker size within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; hi guys...n00b here...and i did a search but couldnt find the answer to my question...what are the sizes of front ...

Question stock speaker size

hi guys...n00b here...and i did a search but couldnt find the answer to my question...what are the sizes of front and rear speakers in a 04 wrx? b/c i have KAPPA PERFECT6.1 components for the front and KAPPA63.5I for the rear...i bought these speakers for my 03 civic si but since i am selling the car im not gonna put them in...and i was wondering if the speakers would fit in a 04 wrx i plan on buying...

**they are all 6 1/2"**
    --Jigar--

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I just installed 6.1 perfects in my 03 wagon. Your biggest problem will be the depth of the speakers in the front. I had a 3/4 in spacer, two washers on every screw and I still had to ground down a fastener on the window to make them clear. Everything looks good till you roll down the window then you get a good look at the lack of room in there. I couldn't fit the crossovers for the Perfects anywhere in the door, I had to feed the wire to the map pocket and put the crossovers in there. The tweeter won't give you too much trouble in the stock location, it just doesn't sound too good there. If you can move it, go for it.
    In the rears, you might have to cut some door to get the 5.25's to fit. I just put 4" Kappa's running off the HU to fill the space. I spend all the time up front so that's where I sank most of my time and money. Good luck.

Kevin

It comes with 5.25 in the front and 4.5 (the saddest looking speakers I have seen) in the back, you can fit 6.5 in the front and 5.25 in the back without major mods....I fitted Pioneers in mine without any metal cutting.

damnit...so if i wanna fit 6.5 in the back i gotta do some cutting correct?
    --Jigar--

damnit...so if i wanna fit 6.5 in the back i gotta do some cutting correct?
    yes,
    but the 6.5 and 5 1/4 might be enough

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.